Pages (3):    1 2 3
jpwynn   05-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Great! Mine might have arrived, but someone may be witholding it from me since my birthday's coming up. But I don't want to ask and ruin the surprise, but I also don't want to wait until June 4th to find out that there was a mistake and I never got my copy!
Barry Lee Dejasu   05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
jpwynn Wrote:Great! Mine might have arrived, but someone may be witholding it from me since my birthday's coming up. But I don't want to ask and ruin the surprise, but I also don't want to wait until June 4th to find out that there was a mistake and I never got my copy!

Your birthday is on June 4th? Small world.

"...and your last thought is that you have become a noise...a thin, nameless noise among all these others...howling in the empty dark room"
--Ulver, "Nowhere/Catastrophe"
[Image: geomorfos.jpg]
Ken Valentine   05-11-2004, 07:53 PM
topol_sheap Wrote:damn you all (in a good way ofcourse)... I have to wait on transatlantic postage for my copy... someone, help me fly?

I understand your impatience. We've all waited a long time for this. Imagine my frustration in knowing I have another book to finish before I start Crisscross.

I'm currently reading Conceived In Liberty, Volume III 1763-1775, and have finished the section on the Boston Tea Party. I'm just getting into the Coercive Acts of 1774, and Crisscross is staring me in the face . . . frustrating I tell ya! FRUSTRATING!

Ken V.
nijimeijer   05-11-2004, 11:00 PM
The book came today! The book came today!

I want to start it immediately--but I'm in the middle of re-reading an old favorite. Sadly, the oldie but goodie deserves its due, so I'll have to finish it before starting on the new Jack book. DAMN ME AND MY BOOK LOYALTIES!
Biggles   05-11-2004, 11:06 PM
jpwynn Wrote:Great! Mine might have arrived, but someone may be witholding it from me since my birthday's coming up. But I don't want to ask and ruin the surprise, but I also don't want to wait until June 4th to find out that there was a mistake and I never got my copy!

Damn, are you conflicted! Just take a deep breath.....there, doesn't that feel better? No? Well, then go to your local liquor store (assuming you're of legal age), buy a bottle of Irish whisky, and drink till you feel better.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
topol_sheap   05-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I understand your impatience. We've all waited a long time for this. Imagine my frustration in knowing I have another book to finish before I start Crisscross.

I'm currently reading Conceived In Liberty, Volume III 1763-1775, and have finished the section on the Boston Tea Party. I'm just getting into the Coercive Acts of 1774, and Crisscross is staring me in the face . . . frustrating I tell ya! FRUSTRATING!

Ken V.

ouch... sounds painful. I'm scared I might not have the time to read it... for about 6 months, and that's not because I have a pile of books I haven't read yet either, as it's going straight to the top of the queue when it arrives. Wink

can't wait, but I have to... damn the UK for not publishing this man.

TOps
SDSwami   05-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Sigh, haven't got mine yet here and it's driving me insane. I just finished up the book I was reading and now I'm stuck with the delima of do I start the next one on my list or do I wait? I hate snail mail Sad
Marc   05-14-2004, 01:42 PM
SDSwami Wrote:Sigh, haven't got mine yet here and it's driving me insane. I just finished up the book I was reading and now I'm stuck with the delima of do I start the next one on my list or do I wait? I hate snail mail Sad

I just talked to Barry at Gauntlet and he was shipping out some 300 copies on Tuesday so you should have it soon.
SDSwami   05-17-2004, 09:02 PM
Ugh, still no book and now I'm starting to worry. How long you think I should wait before I start making some calls?

On a side note, I figured I would get it today or tomorrow since I picked up Hidden Prey from John Sandford (my 2nd fav author behind FPW) and started it this week-end. I'm thinking FPW and Mr. Sandford need to get together and try to space thier books out just a little more as it's really tough to have both books sittine there and only being able to read one at a time. Big Grin
Scott Hajek   05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Got my copy yesterday!!!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (3):    1 2 3