RepairmanJack.com Forums
Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! (/thread-74.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Tim Hatch - 04-26-2004

Received today from Gauntlet Press:

CRISSCROSS, the new Repairman Jack novel by F. Paul Wilson, is set for an on-time release of June 2004 (a month earlier than most of our Repairman Jack novels). But, good news for our customers: our printer worked overtime to get copies of this book for our customers even sooner.
We will be receiving, at the end of this week, about 300 copies of the Numbered edition of CRISSCROSS (with the slipcases arriving soon afterwards). So, if you want a copy of this book sent to you next week, you will need to order it at this time. Otherwise you will receive your copy in a few weeks, when the remaining copies of the Numbered edition (along with the Lettered edition) arrive to our offices.

CRISSCROSS will probably sell out on or soon after publication. Although we fill our pre-orders first, dealer orders follow immediately afterwards. We already have over 100 orders from Baker & Taylor and Ingram. We won't fill those orders until we've serviced all of our customers, but once we send those dealer copies out (and we expect additional orders from these major distributors), chances are the book will be sold out.

Since the owner of Gauntlet (Barry Hoffman) lives in the same city as I do, it's been difficult to avoid showing up at his front door to claim my copy!

Big Grin

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Biggles - 04-26-2004

Tim Hatch Wrote:Received today from Gauntlet Press:

CRISSCROSS, the new Repairman Jack novel by F. Paul Wilson, is set for an on-time release of June 2004 (a month earlier than most of our Repairman Jack novels). But, good news for our customers: our printer worked overtime to get copies of this book for our customers even sooner.
We will be receiving, at the end of this week, about 300 copies of the Numbered edition of CRISSCROSS (with the slipcases arriving soon afterwards). So, if you want a copy of this book sent to you next week, you will need to order it at this time. Otherwise you will receive your copy in a few weeks, when the remaining copies of the Numbered edition (along with the Lettered edition) arrive to our offices.

CRISSCROSS will probably sell out on or soon after publication. Although we fill our pre-orders first, dealer orders follow immediately afterwards. We already have over 100 orders from Baker & Taylor and Ingram. We won't fill those orders until we've serviced all of our customers, but once we send those dealer copies out (and we expect additional orders from these major distributors), chances are the book will be sold out.

Since the owner of Gauntlet (Barry Hoffman) lives in the same city as I do, it's been difficult to avoid showing up at his front door to claim my copy!

Big Grin

I'm so excited, I think I just peed my pants. :o But seriously, that's great news for those of us who pre-ordered it. For the rest of you, better get online now!!!

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Annice Burdeos - 04-26-2004

Biggles Wrote:I'm so excited, I think I just peed my pants. :o But seriously, that's great news for those of us who pre-ordered it. For the rest of you, better get online now!!!

My local bookstore pre ordered this for me approximately 3 weeks ago when I inquired.

One problem, through, the book is listing at $55.00- is this true or is this
simply my local bookstore having to special order a book
(I've ordered stuff in the past from them and it has never been like this)

Annice Burdeos Wrote:My local bookstore pre ordered this for me approximately 3 weeks ago when I inquired.

Gee, I ordered mine for $30.00! No, seriously, I think that's the correct price.

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Marc - 04-26-2004

Biggles Wrote:Gee, I ordered mine for $30.00! No, seriously, I think that's the correct price.

You're just the comedian, aren't you Biggles? Big Grin

It's a limited edition book therefore it's a bit more expensive.

Marc B. Wrote:You're just the comedian, aren't you Biggles? Big Grin

It's a limited edition book therefore it's a bit more expensive.

Since he who dies with the most FPW limited editions wins, it's well worth the price.

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Mailedbypostman - 04-26-2004

Maybe I'll just wait for the buzz to die down.

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Scott Hajek - 04-26-2004

Biggles Wrote:Since he who dies with the most FPW limited editions wins, it's well worth the price.

No fair putting out a hit on someone just to get their collection.

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Ken Valentine - 04-27-2004

Annice Burdeos Wrote:My local bookstore pre ordered this for me approximately 3 weeks ago when I inquired.

I placed my order with Gauntlet in January. The numbered edition was $50.00 plus $8.00 shipping. So $55.00 is a reasonable price . . . if it's a numbered edition.

Ken V.

Crisscross Limited Edition to ship next week! - Biggles - 04-27-2004

Scott Hajek Wrote:No fair putting out a hit on someone just to get their collection.

Gee, Scott. I never thought about that, until you mentioned it. Wink