Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Bluesman Mike Lindner   05-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Biggles Wrote:I didn't know hippos went to college. :confused: I've never seen any on my campus.

Sorry, Biggles, I didn't see your reply 'til just now. Sure, hippos go to college. You wanna deny these deserving mammals a higher education just because they're HIPPOS!? We had plenty at Brockport. They all seemed to hang around the English Department offices, for reasons I don't want to speculate about... :eek: Very few of them had much to offer the lit'ry magazine, in my opinion. Their Big Themes were mud and flies. And Jeez, a couple of short stories, a poem or two, and that's =enough= for me. Must admit, though, they were awesome at keg parties.
This post was last modified: 05-01-2005, 07:26 PM by Bluesman Mike Lindner.
Kenji   05-14-2005, 09:58 AM
fpw Wrote:Good job, Kenji. If that's your "beginner's" work, you should be great after more experience. (That grin kind of creeps me out.)

I made a painting of Semelee by digital paint, but I found big mistake.

I read 236 pages. In the page, I found this line.

"I found it the day before you woke up. It was black, oblong, had a little hole drilled in the hinge"

I didn't notice that at first, so I made a painting of different shells. So, I retouched Semelee. And, I added little creatures.(Maggers, if you saw this, I'm sorry! :p )
Maggers   05-14-2005, 10:30 AM
ROFL! Kenji, I was looking at it and wondering what those things were. At first I thought they were autumnal colored leaves, then I realized what they really were. YIKES! I started laughing though. This time they didn't gross me out.

Very cool, Kenji.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   05-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Maggers Wrote:ROFL! Kenji, I was looking at it and wondering what those things were. At first I thought they were autumnal colored leaves, then I realized what they really were. YIKES! I started laughing though. This time they didn't gross me out.

Very cool, Kenji.

You laughed? Okay! That's good! I assure you overcame Cockroach phobia. Big Grin
Maggers   05-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Kenji Wrote:You laughed? Okay! That's good! I assure you overcame Cockroach phobia. Big Grin

In real life I would not be laughing if I ever saw that many roaches! :eek:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   05-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Kenji Wrote:You laughed? Okay! That's good! I assure you overcame Cockroach phobia. Big Grin
I didn't.

Maggers Wrote:In real life I would not be laughing if I ever saw that many roaches! :eek:
Nor I.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   05-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Today, I just finished reading Gateways. I started reading it from April 2 or 3, so it took one month and 25 days.

Now I understood why everybody said like this.

horsecow; "easily in my top 3 of RJ books"

Paul R; "I'm liking the book more than I expected. I mean, obviously I liked it first time around"

nonsun blob a; "I loved Gateways. I think it did a great job of showing how much the otherness had taken root in jack's life"

Bluseman Mike; "plenty good characterization, plenty good action, amd it was nice to see Jack's dad is carved from the same hard wood as his son."

Maggers; "I just finished GATEWAYS for the first time. I loved it! I finished it and yelled "Thank you, Paul" out loud! FPW, did you hear it? Did you feel a psychic nudge around 9:00 PM on Sunday, Dec. 5?"

I think a lot of people have words of praise. Of course, I have words of praise,too. Definitely "GATEWAYS" is one of best FPW's books. "Gateways" is very special. Story about Jack and his father, Thomas. His father's unknown past story.....I liked them!

While I'm reading Gateways, I always imagined that characters = actors & actress.

Jack=Cole Hauser
Jack's father=FPW....(or Harvey Keitel)
Abe=James Gandolfini
Gia=Charleez Theron
Anya=Lauren Bacall
Semelee=Christina Rich
Carl=Ron Perlman
Luke=Jake Busy
The One=Rip Torn

.......................!Spoiler alert!........................

My favorite lines.

Very funny lines.

"W-w-what are you going to do?"
"I'm g-g-gonna tape your wrists together"
"No!"

"Now I've always worried about you, but after that I've learned about you down here, I'll really, really worry about you."
...................................................................................................
"The Hosts", "The Haunted Air", and in this "Gateways"...common to them.

"Who are you? Really"
Anya smiled."Your mother"
....................................................................................................
Very touching lines

"Where's that written?"
He tapped a finger on the center of his forehead.
"In here. right in here"
He tapped his son's chest, over the heart. "In there too"
Jack nodded."Yeah. There too"

"You got away with this one, but not again. No fucking way!"

All right, Anya, he thought. You want to come along, be my guest.
......................................................................................................
Very cool line by Jack's father.

"Give me one of those"
......................................................................................................

What is your favorite lines and scenes? Smile
This post was last modified: 05-29-2005, 12:26 AM by Kenji.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4