RepairmanJack.com Forums
I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) (/thread-719.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 02-19-2005

This Monday, Bluesman Mike sent "GATEWAYS" to me, and I just got it now.(Thanks a lot, Bluesman Mike)

This time, it's hardcover! Wow! This is so cool! Now I'm still reading The HAUNTED AIR, so I must speed up the pace of reading the book. I heard everybody say "GATEWAY is best". But FPW's books are all best. Is that right, Mike?

Well anyway, I can't wait for GATEWAYS. I feel like a Gateway is open and awaiting for me. Big Grin

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Ken Valentine - 02-19-2005

Kenji Wrote:This Monday, Bluesman Mike sent "GATEWAYS" to me, and I just got it now.(Thanks a lot, Bluesman Mike)

This time, it's hardcover! Wow! This is so cool! Now I'm still reading The HAUNTED AIR, so I must speed up the pace of reading the book. I heard everybody say "GATEWAY is best". But FPW's books are all best. Is that right, Mike?

Well anyway, I can't wait for GATEWAYS. I feel like a Gateway is open and awaiting for me. Big Grin

I understand your thrill of anticipation Kenji, but don't rush The Haunted Air. Take your time and enjoy it. Gateways will still be there. Big Grin

Ken V.

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 04-07-2005

A few days ago, I started reading GATEWAYS.

Hmmmm......this is pretty cool. On the cover, New York Daily News said, "Call a plumber when the sink is logged, the cop when you've been robbed, but when the you-know-what hits the fun, it's time to call Repairman Jack." I liked it! Big Grin

...............Some spoilers...................

At first, it started very quietly, but sudden gun shot. Chaper 1 reminded me of 007's opening scene. Wow, this is great!

And, in the chapter 2, a man who hasn't true name appeared...who is this? Sounds mysterious.

Jack's father's accident, call from Tom, go on and go on....and, who is Semelee? She is also mysterious....

Well, I must go back to reading! Big Grin

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 04-17-2005

I just noticed one thing while I'm reading Gateways. At 102 pages, I read this line.

This isn't a Robin Cook novel. This is real life.

When I'm reading this line, I was in train. I struggled to stop the laugh. Big Grin

I guessed Paul dislike Robin Cook. Cause is as a doctor? Or as a writer? Or shouldn't I mention it...?

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-17-2005

Kenji Wrote:I just noticed one thing while I'm reading Gateways. At 102 pages, I read this line.

This isn't a Robin Cook novel. This is real life.

When I'm reading this line, I was in train. I struggled to stop the laugh. Big Grin

I guessed Paul dislike Robin Cook. Cause is as a doctor? Or as a writer? Or shouldn't I mention it...?

I think maybe Paul was just having a little fun.

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Kenji - 04-17-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I think maybe Paul was just having a little fun.

Yeah, that's true. It's fun. Big Grin

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-17-2005

Kenji Wrote:Yeah, that's true. It's fun. Big Grin

Another thing, Kenji--=never= surpress a laugh. The latest research shows surpressed laughs back up in your hippocampus and make your head explode! :eek:

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Biggles - 04-17-2005

Kenji Wrote:This Monday, Bluesman Mike sent "GATEWAYS" to me, and I just got it now.(Thanks a lot, Bluesman Mike)

This is the first time I've seen your photo Kenji. It's nice to connect a face with the name, as I feel we are old friends. Smile

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - Keith the Elder - 04-17-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Another thing, Kenji--=never= surpress a laugh. The latest research shows surpressed laughs back up in your hippocampus and make your head explode! :eek:

This is true. In the original "Scanners" they told the guy in scanner demo scene to think if something funny (they exposed him to 100 hours of the "i love lucy" show interspersed with random episodes of "The Honeymooners" prior to his scene). but to hold back (or suppress, in the venacular of the movie industry) his laugh. The results were dramatic. If you've ever seen this in slo-mo with an Infrared filter, the departure of the, for the sake of argument, the energy burst believed to be the soul is absolutely breathtaking!

Aside from the Russian guy dying from rabies in 1906, this is the only other actual recorded death on film. The unwitting participant was paid scale as an extra for his work on "Scanners" which worked out to be $23.98 before taxes.

k the e

I got GATEWAYS ;Hardcover (Thank you, Bluesman Mike) - jimbow8 - 04-18-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:This is true. In the original "Scanners" they told the guy in scanner demo scene to think if something funny (they exposed him to 100 hours of the "i love lucy" show interspersed with random episodes of "The Honeymooners" prior to his scene). but to hold back (or suppress, in the venacular of the movie industry) his laugh. The results were dramatic. If you've ever seen this in slo-mo with an Infrared filter, the departure of the, for the sake of argument, the energy burst believed to be the soul is absolutely breathtaking!

Aside from the Russian guy dying from rabies in 1906, this is the only other actual recorded death on film. The unwitting participant was paid scale as an extra for his work on "Scanners" which worked out to be $23.98 before taxes.

k the e
I could suppress a laugh while watching 100 hours of I Love Lucy ..... easily.