ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

Before Sunset, Screenplay by Richard Linklater & Julie Delpy & Ethan Hawke,
Story by Richard Linklater & Kim Krizan, Based on Characters Created by
Richard Linklater & Kim Krizan, Warner Independent Pictures

Mean Girls, Screenplay by Tina Fey, Based on the Book "Queen Bees and
Wannabes) by Rosalind Wiseman, Paramount Pictures

Million Dollar Baby, Screenplay by Paul Haggis, Based upon Stories from "Rope
Burns" by F.X. Toole, Warner Bros.

The Motorcycle Diaries, Screenplay by Jose Rivera, Based on the Books "Notas de Viaje" by Ernesto Guevara and "Con el Che por America Latina" by Alberto Granado, Focus Features

Sideways, Screenplay by Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor, Based on the Novel
by Rex Pickett, Fox Searchlight Pictures

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Dave   01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Having only seen three of these (and I call myself a film fan!) I can say they are good nominations. Mean Girls and Garden State were both surprisingly good, and Sunshine is my favourite film of 2004.

In my defense six of the other seven have only just, or have not yet, been released in the UK. And I haven't seen Before Sunrise yet so avoided Before Sunset for the time being.

Dave
stacyzinda123   01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
fpw Wrote:Hotel Rwanda, Written by Keir Pearson & Terry George, United Artists

Has anyone seen this? I heard someone involved with making it (a producer?) talking about it on public radio and it sounded interesting and heartbreaking. I'd like to see it, but it's not playing anywhere near here. Any thoughts on the movie?
This post was last modified: 01-14-2005, 01:47 PM by stacyzinda123.
Maggers   02-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I sure hope "Million Dollar Baby" wins for best adapted screenplay. It was an awesome movie, touching and bold, and moving in the extreme. Not an easy film to watch. It maps areas of the heart and takes you to emotional places few movies do these days. Truly extraordinary.

It's a movie about people relating to people, in very real, very wonderful and very painful ways. I can't get it out of my head.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Weatherford   02-15-2005, 07:36 PM
I've heard Hotel Rwanda is a "must see" - though, I haven't a clue when it will be here in Ireland...

I am looking forward to Million Dollar Baby - I have recently "discovered" Eastwood, and like his work! (I will admit, I am not much of a film goer - have seen more in the past five years than the preceeding, uh, lifetime, simply because whenever I am in the US, I have a friend who drags me out... the new collisium seating in US theatres makes the experience much more enjoyable than in the old days! Or over here Sad )