Tony H   02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
I went and saw BOOGEYMAN yesterday and again I was disappointed. Why do I insist on shelling out money for such nonsense? Why won't I learn?

The movie is a tired rehash of several movies that have come out over the past few years, none of them worth imitating yet some writer/director named Stephen kay insisted on robbing them anyway.

It is a mix of THEY and Darkness falls and a myriad of other tired monster flicks.

I personally find a human villian more terrifying than a monster. The creature in the film has no reason to exist other than it is the Boogeyman who lives in closets and under beds and underdeveloped scripts.

The acting is sub-par, the only twist the film tries to throw the viewers way is weak and overshadowed by the films lame attempt at jump-scares which there are several.

But I wan't more than a loud musical cue to make me jump out of my seat and when i wan't my skin to crawl I want it to do so because I am scared and not pissed that I spent money to see such a film.

The film is non-sensical at best and just plain awful at its worst. It's not a complete waste of celluloid, I'll let The exorcist: The Beginning hold that honor indefinately. But this film comes as close as any other.

Bottom Line: I am not scared of the boogeyman, but I do regret having made his aquaintence.
This post was last modified: 02-14-2005, 08:08 PM by Tony H.
ccosborne3   02-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I think the new Wes Craven movie is coming out this week. That guy can make a horror movie! The Hills Have Eyes. Nightmare On Elm street, Scream as well as my personal favorite The People Under The Stairs.

As long as it's not a sequel.
Scott Hajek   02-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I think we need to have a permanent thread: Tony's Movie Reviews. If Ebert and Roeper had a sense of humor, then maybe their reviews of bad movies would be entertaining. The only good thing about them is when they disagree and they start trading insults like a couple of school children.

I look forward to each and every one of your movie reviews. But, have you seen any "good" movies lately? You seem to pick only the true stinkers. (Which is good for us, so we can read a great review of a bad movie.)

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Tony H   02-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I think we need to have a permanent thread: Tony's Movie Reviews. If Ebert and Roeper had a sense of humor, then maybe their reviews of bad movies would be entertaining. The only good thing about them is when they disagree and they start trading insults like a couple of school children.

I look forward to each and every one of your movie reviews. But, have you seen any "good" movies lately? You seem to pick only the true stinkers. (Which is good for us, so we can read a great review of a bad movie.)

I have seen some good movies just none lately. I haven't reviewed half the movies I saw but when one is so bad that if I can save someone the agony of seeing it, I am going to do my part.
Sam   02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:my personal favorite The People Under The Stairs

That movie cracks me up!!! Everett McGill in a leather gimp suit running around screaming, "Burn in Hell!!" And that one P.U.T.S. looked like Axl Rose's twin brother. I felt so bad for Roach though. Sad
This post was last modified: 02-15-2005, 08:47 PM by Sam.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K