Pages (2): 1 2   
John Carter   02-08-2005, 05:54 AM
I can't read a book twice. I can't watch a movie twice. I remember every thing from the first time, I just can't do it again.

I started reading 'The Tomb' again three days ago. I am almost intrigued as the first time and I can't put the books down. I already finished 'The Tomb' and I'm about a third of the way threw 'Legacies.'

This time I'm reading them in order.
Maggers   02-08-2005, 09:26 AM
John, I'm so glad you are enjoying FPW the second time around. If a book is good, I can enjoy it endlessly over the years.

But with FPW, there is a phenomenon at work. I can read and reread his books either in proximity in time or years apart. They are, quite simply, exhilarating.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Mike   02-08-2005, 03:07 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined
John Carter Wrote:I can't read a book twice. I can't watch a movie twice. I remember every thing from the first time, I just can't do it again.

I started reading 'The Tomb' again three days ago. I am almost intrigued as the first time and I can't put the books down. I already finished 'The Tomb' and I'm about a third of the way threw 'Legacies.'

This time I'm reading them in order.

Sometimes rereading a book can be a good thing. I tend to reread "Catch-22"
every few years or so and have found that as I mature I gain more from that
book and the humor in it does not lose its' freshness. I am a bookaholic and
sometimes I like to turn back to favorite tales when nothing currently seems
palatable to the eyes. Also, like you, I have read "The Tomb" twice.
Ken Valentine   02-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Maggers Wrote:John, I'm so glad you are enjoying FPW the second time around. If a book is good, I can enjoy it endlessly over the years.

But with FPW, there is a phenomenon at work. I can read and reread his books either in proximity in time or years apart. They are, quite simply, exhilarating.

As I see it, rereading a good book is like visiting an old friend.

Ken V.

P.S. Nice avatar!
KRW   02-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Mike Wrote:undefinedundefinedundefined

Sometimes rereading a book can be a good thing. I tend to reread "Catch-22"
every few years or so and have found that as I mature I gain more from that
book and the humor in it does not lose its' freshness. I am a bookaholic and
sometimes I like to turn back to favorite tales when nothing currently seems
palatable to the eyes. Also, like you, I have read "The Tomb" twice.

Maybe I need to check out "Catch 22"! The way you reread it is like the way I reread "The Tomb"! Every summmer when it get's hot, I break it out. I get something different from it everytime!

KRW
Maggers   02-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:P.S. Nice avatar!

(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Medusa   02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Maggers Wrote:(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin
MINE! Sorry couldn't resist a little Nemo.
Maggers   02-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Medusa Wrote:MINE! Sorry couldn't resist a little Nemo.

That's exactly what it was like, but the Disney gulls were humorless! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sam   02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I've read NightWorld 3 times now. Always saw that as a fantastic film. Currently rereading Without Remorse by Clancy. Sometimes will dig out the Dark Elf Trilogy by Salvatore.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Ken Valentine   02-09-2005, 02:48 AM
Maggers Wrote:(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin

Do you mean your story, or stories in general?

As someone who has owned a sailboat for 15 years, I have a few seagull stories myself.

"Little birdie in the sky,
Why'd you do that in my eye?
I mustn't curse, I mustn't cry,
I sure am glad that cows don't fly."

Ken V.
Pages (2): 1 2