RepairmanJack.com Forums
Again - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Again (/thread-692.html)

Pages: 1 2

Again - John Carter - 02-08-2005

I can't read a book twice. I can't watch a movie twice. I remember every thing from the first time, I just can't do it again.

I started reading 'The Tomb' again three days ago. I am almost intrigued as the first time and I can't put the books down. I already finished 'The Tomb' and I'm about a third of the way threw 'Legacies.'

This time I'm reading them in order.

Again - Maggers - 02-08-2005

John, I'm so glad you are enjoying FPW the second time around. If a book is good, I can enjoy it endlessly over the years.

But with FPW, there is a phenomenon at work. I can read and reread his books either in proximity in time or years apart. They are, quite simply, exhilarating.

Again - Mike - 02-08-2005

undefinedundefinedundefined
John Carter Wrote:I can't read a book twice. I can't watch a movie twice. I remember every thing from the first time, I just can't do it again.

I started reading 'The Tomb' again three days ago. I am almost intrigued as the first time and I can't put the books down. I already finished 'The Tomb' and I'm about a third of the way threw 'Legacies.'

This time I'm reading them in order.

Sometimes rereading a book can be a good thing. I tend to reread "Catch-22"
every few years or so and have found that as I mature I gain more from that
book and the humor in it does not lose its' freshness. I am a bookaholic and
sometimes I like to turn back to favorite tales when nothing currently seems
palatable to the eyes. Also, like you, I have read "The Tomb" twice.

Again - Ken Valentine - 02-08-2005

Maggers Wrote:John, I'm so glad you are enjoying FPW the second time around. If a book is good, I can enjoy it endlessly over the years.

But with FPW, there is a phenomenon at work. I can read and reread his books either in proximity in time or years apart. They are, quite simply, exhilarating.

As I see it, rereading a good book is like visiting an old friend.

Ken V.

P.S. Nice avatar!

Again - KRW - 02-08-2005

Mike Wrote:undefinedundefinedundefined

Sometimes rereading a book can be a good thing. I tend to reread "Catch-22"
every few years or so and have found that as I mature I gain more from that
book and the humor in it does not lose its' freshness. I am a bookaholic and
sometimes I like to turn back to favorite tales when nothing currently seems
palatable to the eyes. Also, like you, I have read "The Tomb" twice.

Maybe I need to check out "Catch 22"! The way you reread it is like the way I reread "The Tomb"! Every summmer when it get's hot, I break it out. I get something different from it everytime!

KRW

Ken Valentine Wrote:P.S. Nice avatar!

(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin

Again - Medusa - 02-08-2005

Maggers Wrote:(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin
MINE! Sorry couldn't resist a little Nemo.

Medusa Wrote:MINE! Sorry couldn't resist a little Nemo.

That's exactly what it was like, but the Disney gulls were humorless! Big Grin

Again - Sam - 02-08-2005

I've read NightWorld 3 times now. Always saw that as a fantastic film. Currently rereading Without Remorse by Clancy. Sometimes will dig out the Dark Elf Trilogy by Salvatore.

Again - Ken Valentine - 02-09-2005

Maggers Wrote:(*giggle*) Thanks! You've heard the stories about the attack seagulls, I take it. Big Grin

Do you mean your story, or stories in general?

As someone who has owned a sailboat for 15 years, I have a few seagull stories myself.

"Little birdie in the sky,
Why'd you do that in my eye?
I mustn't curse, I mustn't cry,
I sure am glad that cows don't fly."

Ken V.