Pages (2):    1 2
KRW   02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Interesting. I always thought that violence was the first refuge of the incompetent. In fact, I still do.

Ken V.

For some reason that sounds better.

KRW
Mr_Falcon   02-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Funny that you guys say that, as I have always found that it sounded funny, and that 'first refuge' sounded more like what he was trying to say. However, I do have the quote right. Uh... I assume you know it is from the Foundation Trilogy?
thisisatest   02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Steve D
I located a number of victims' stories in the LA Weekly regarding their run-ins with Scientology goons. I picked this one because it exemplified the "fair game" policy on people who disagree with them even at the most trivial level. They destroy careers of decent folk and never relent. This is real. This is scary. This is villainous.

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/01/31/news-holland.php
This post was last modified: 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM by thisisatest.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Ken Valentine   02-03-2005, 03:22 AM
thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
I located a number of victims' stories in the LA Weekly regarding their run-ins with Scientology goons. I picked this one because it exemplified the "fair game" policy on people who disagree with them even at the most trivial level. They destroy careers of decent folk and never relent. This is real. This is scary. This is villainous.

As villainous as drowning people in concrete, pedophilia, and torture-murder?

Ken V.
Ken Valentine   02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Mr_Falcon Wrote:Funny that you guys say that, as I have always found that it sounded funny, and that 'first refuge' sounded more like what he was trying to say. However, I do have the quote right. Uh... I assume you know it is from the Foundation Trilogy?

I've heard the name "Foundation Trilogy," but that's all. I'm not questioning the accuracy of your quote. Violence being the last refuge of the incompetent reminded me of that other quote about patriotism being the last refuge of a scoundrel. Personally, I believe that violence and patriotism are the FIRST refuge. Big Grin

Ken V.
Pages (2):    1 2