Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
Alan   02-14-2005, 05:16 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Lloyd Bridges was the commander I believe - don't remember what his character name was. Seems like the ship was the Pegasus but it's been a long time.

Pegasus is correct.

Bonus question:

What was the name of her Captain's daughter who stayed on Galactica after Pegasus disappeared?
Blake   02-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Alan Wrote:Bonus question:

What was the name of her Captain's daughter who stayed on Galactica after Pegasus disappeared?

I am such a geek. I'm pretty sure it was Sheba, played by Anne Lockhart. And I think Lloyd Bridges' character was named Commander Cain.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   02-20-2005, 08:18 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Lloyd Bridges was the commander I believe - don't remember what his character name was. Seems like the ship was the Pegasus but it's been a long time.

It has been a long time all right, but I seem to recall the other Battlestar's name was "Atlantica." I have a strong audio-visual memory of the Galactica being trapped by Baltar's (spelling?) ships, under heavy attack. There was Baltar, on his bridge, grinning evilly: "Burn, Galactica, burn!" And from nowhere comes the other Battlestar, all weapons blazing, targeting Baltar's flagship. His evil grin turns to horrified disbelief...
Blake   02-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:It has been a long time all right, but I seem to recall the other Battlestar's name was "Atlantica." I have a strong audio-visual memory of the Galactica being trapped by Baltar's (spelling?) ships, under heavy attack. There was Baltar, on his bridge, grinning evilly: "Burn, Galactica, burn!" And from nowhere comes the other Battlestar, all weapons blazing, targeting Baltar's flagship. His evil grin turns to horrified disbelief...

The ship you're remembering was the Pegasus. There was a Battlestar called Atlantia, though, which was destroyed in the TV pilot.

How the heck do I remember this stuff??? I must've watched the first episode sometime in the last year or so, after the DVD set came out, but I can't remember the last time I saw any of the other episodes for sure. I think I'm flashing back to the early '80s when they were repeated endlessly on my local station every weeknight (along with "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"). Smile Or maybe I caught some of the SciFi Channel reruns more recently....

Blake
This post was last modified: 02-24-2005, 03:20 PM by Blake.

Please support Friends of Washoe.
johntfs   02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Blake Wrote:The ship you're remembering was the Pegasus. There was a Battlestar called Atlantia, though, which was destroyed in the TV pilot.

How the heck do I remember this stuff??? I must've watched the first episode sometime in the last year or so, after the DVD set came out, but I can't remember the last time I saw any of the other episodes for sure. I think I'm flashing back to the early '80s when they were repeated endlessly on my local station every weeknight (along with "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"). Smile Or maybe I caught some of the SciFi Channel reruns more recently....

Blake

Speaking of the new series, how cool was it when Roslyn had the one guy spaced?

BTW, I understand that the next episode is supposed to be the weakest of this season.
Mike Hanson   03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
johntfs Wrote:Speaking of the new series, how cool was it when Roslyn had the one guy spaced? BTW, I understand that the next episode is supposed to be the weakest of this season.

I don't know about "cool," but it was a surprising and somewhat unnerving development.

I'm just amazed at the quality of writing, directing, and acting this show keeps showing. And much of that is due to the helmsmanship of Producer Ronald D. Moore.

So many former Star Trek writers have been given their own shows, to very mixed results, but Moore always seems to establish himself with consistent quality, right down the line.

I am so happy BSG has been picked up for a second season for 20 episodes.

Michael Cool
Lisa   03-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey Mike, don't worry, Scifi will pinch the show after 19 episodes to fund Taken 2.

Not that I'm still bitter over Farscape. :mad:

Lisa

P.S. -- Where the heck have you been? We were just talkin' about ya.
Mike Hanson   03-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Lisa Wrote:Hey Mike, don't worry, Scifi will pinch the show after 19 episodes to fund Taken 2. Not that I'm still bitter over Farscape. :mad: Lisa P.S. -- Where the heck have you been? We were just talkin' about ya.

Yah. That channel does have a lousy track record, doesn't it?

I had to drop out of what appears to have been another excellent GU for monetary and work reasons. I overextended myself as Uncle Santa to my two eldest nephews who needed college financial help, plus I'm in the middle of editing a shared-universe horror novel which I created near the end of last year...this on top of my regular job has left me with little to no free time or funds. Though now I'm thinking a little more debt and chaos would have been worth tromping around WDW.

I'm glad you guys had a great time. Love the idea of the next one being held in London.

I managed to spend a few hours in central park this past saturday enjoying Christo's immense colorful "Gateways" display. It was quite a visual feast.

Well thats all the news thats fit to print.

Catch you on the flipside, Lisa.

Michael Smile
Marc   09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
For anyone that has been interested in watching Battlestar Galactica but hasn't because it's starting its third season look no further than iTunes. There is a 45-minute "catch up" episode available as a free download. It's very informative and does a nice job bringing the viewer up to speed.
jimbow8   09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Marc B. Wrote:For anyone that has been interested in watching Battlestar Galactica but hasn't because it's starting its third season look no further than iTunes. There is a 45-minute "catch up" episode available as a free download. It's very informative and does a nice job bringing the viewer up to speed.
I'm finishing up Season 2 tonight. Then I plan on watching the webisodes on http://www.scifi.com

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6