Scott Miller   11-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I said it before and now that I'm watching Season 2, I'll say it again: Arrested Development may be the funniest show to ever grace the small screen. If you haven't yet caught it, I recommend rushing out to the store or putting it in your internet que(SP) immediately. Unless, of course, you prefer The Apprentice to brilliant writing, smart acting, and quirky humor.

The "Afternoon Delight" episode had me crying.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Dave   11-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I said it before and now that I'm watching Season 2, I'll say it again: Arrested Development may be the funniest show to ever grace the small screen. If you haven't yet caught it, I recommend rushing out to the store or putting it in your internet que(SP) immediately. Unless, of course, you prefer The Apprentice to brilliant writing, smart acting, and quirky humor.

The "Afternoon Delight" episode had me crying.
I was watching disc 1 of Season 2 last night. Couldn't agree more, the best comedy I've seen in years.

Check it out people!

Dave
Scott Hajek   11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Since the show is likely dead, it will be much easier to watch all of it. Unless there are few episodes to a series, I don't like playing catch up. There's just not enough time to see all the TV that seems interesting. That's why I haven't seen any of the new sci-fi shows. Or, most of the comedies.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Scott Miller   11-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Since the show is likely dead, it will be much easier to watch all of it. Unless there are few episodes to a series, I don't like playing catch up. There's just not enough time to see all the TV that seems interesting. That's why I haven't seen any of the new sci-fi shows. Or, most of the comedies.

Playing catch up is the only way I watch TV these days. AD can easily be caught because each show is only about 25 minutes long and it is addictive as nicotine. 'Just one more' turns into the entire disc before you even realized what happened.

I just started playing catch up with LOST. So far, the pilot, so good.

Scott

mike36799   11-30-2005, 05:29 AM
My roomate of mine TIVO'ed that show. I only saw about 3 episodes, but it was pretty damn funny The humor reminded me of this show I use to watch last season I believe. Maybe someone will remember the name...

.... Bare with me, but it was a comedy. The woman lives in an apartment with a clown in her pantry door. The yound woman rented the apartment, and part of the agreement was she must keep the clown as a roomate till he passes. The clown is somehow dying, and his muffled jokes are just classic. The woman meets a man who is pretty much a science nerd. He is goofy, and tolerates her strange personality.

The show wasn't the best, but it kills me I can't remember the name. Although at times it was a little too much it seemed, it still made me laugh, and I was wondering if anyone knew if they scraped the show?

"I have the key to One-Eyed-Willy."
Scott Miller   01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:I said it before and now that I'm watching Season 2, I'll say it again: Arrested Development may be the funniest show to ever grace the small screen. If you haven't yet caught it, I recommend rushing out to the store or putting it in your internet que(SP) immediately. Unless, of course, you prefer The Apprentice to brilliant writing, smart acting, and quirky humor.

After just having watched Season 1 again, I'll replace my may be from above with an is. Absolutely hilarious.

Scott

colburn0004   01-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I completely agree I would put this and It's always sunny in Philidelphea in my best tv comedies. I really hope they get this movie rolling but it seems the young guy who is in superbad(at work and am lazy don't feel like looking up his name) is holding out because he doesnt want to get type cast.

"Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember!"
Scott Miller   01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
colburn0004 Wrote:I completely agree I would put this and It's always sunny in Philidelphea in my best tv comedies. I really hope they get this movie rolling but it seems the young guy who is in superbad(at work and am lazy don't feel like looking up his name) is holding out because he doesnt want to get type cast.

I'm in line at my library for the first two seasons of IASIP based on what I've read here about it.

Scott

Mick C.   01-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Definiitely my favorite comedy ever on TV. Watching it on DVD is the best way, perhaps, as you catch the many references to earlier episodes (like the blue handprints on the walls you keep seeing after the abortive try-out for the Blue Man Group.)

The "Analrapist" bit literally had me in tears.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie
Legion   01-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Mick C. Wrote:Definiitely my favorite comedy ever on TV. Watching it on DVD is the best way, perhaps, as you catch the many references to earlier episodes (like the blue handprints on the walls you keep seeing after the abortive try-out for the Blue Man Group.)

The "Analrapist" bit literally had me in tears.

the movie finally got greenlit

[Image: hope.jpg]

Guns Don't Kill People, ATF Agents Do!