Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
The Mad American   05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Marc B. Wrote:I think that's what WGB was getting at but wanted clarification. But who knows the real timeline? It could be taking places tens of thousands of years in the past. I think that will be revealed in the finale.

Interesting idea. And at this point we have no idea what the Earth timeline is. The only thing that may throw a wrench in that is whoever the last cylon is may have hybrid kids as well. Maybe the hybrids survive and populate Earth.

Never even considered that as an idea with the Adam and Eve thing. I think the hybrid kids will play a big part in the conclusion though, just a feeling.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

WGB   05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
DaveStrorm Wrote:Well technically Helo and Athena are the parents of Hera. Boomer is a different copy of the Sharon model - the one that shot Adama.

Also . . . I am not sure we know what the "earth timeline" is. If the assumption is the events on the show are taking place in 2008 earth time, then the babies don't fit into the earth Adam & Eve timeline.

Sorry, I thought about the Sharon / Boomer / Athena blip after I posted but I was too tired to edit it. About the timeline, yes that was the basic meaning after all they are as old as the other 12 colonies right? But even if everone is wiped out and the hybrids started the new population on Earth that would make them Eve and Adam right? Biblically Adam came first and Eve was made from one of Adams ribs. Hiera is quite a bit older then the boy baby but I guess that it could still figuratively fit. Man, we are really spoiling it for Kenji.
johntfs   01-17-2009, 03:19 PM
One of the great things about BSG is the perspective it gives. I've been an Obama supporter and riding high for a little while, but last night's BSG helpfully reminded me that the universe is an unrelentingly depressing place that will turn all your hopes and dreams to shit.

Meanwhile, people on this board can take heart from the perspective that as bad as an Obama presidency may be, things could always get worse. And on Battlestar Galactica, they almost certainly will get worse.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to drink some hot cocoa, watch Psych and wash the sadness and hopeless heartbreak out of my soul.
This post was last modified: 01-22-2009, 03:37 AM by johntfs.
RichE   01-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I always had this feeling the original Cylons, as seen in "RAZOR" (called "THE GUARDIANS") had a big role in this(Earth's destruction) when you consider they knew about Kara and Earth while the later Cylons dodn't seem aware of this. Just a thought!
johntfs   01-22-2009, 03:43 AM
RichE Wrote:I always had this feeling the original Cylons, as seen in "RAZOR" (called "THE GUARDIANS") had a big role in this(Earth's destruction) when you consider they knew about Kara and Earth while the later Cylons dodn't seem aware of this. Just a thought!

Unlikely. Earth's nuclear holocaust occurred at least 1900 years before the Colonial cylons were created. Also, it wasn't so much the original Cylons as the Hybrid leading them who was aware of Kara through his prophetic ability.

Beyond that, I did love Leoben having no answers at all and just getting completely freaked out by Kara and running away.
Dervish   01-22-2009, 04:53 AM
I've enjoyed this show but haven't seen much past the first season. I'm currently without a functioning dvd player & TV, so I probably won't soon. But what I've seen, I've really liked.
law dawg   01-24-2009, 10:18 PM
LOVE the show. Love it.

It's an 88 magnum. It shoots through schools.
Kenji   01-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Last night I finished watching season 2.

More Galactica! Gimme more!!! :arf:

Now this is my favorite sci-fi TV series. Tricia Helfer as Number Six is gorgeous!
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6