Pages (3): 1 2 3   
KRW   01-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Anybody here remeber a film by Michael Crichton called "Runaway"? I found it and bought it and watched it! Whoa, the memories that came back! I loved this movie when I was young and it's it seems I stiil love it! I always like a Tom Selleck movie, but when I first watched this movie was the first time I had ever seen Gene Simmons without make-up on (He was in the rock group KISS)! It blew me away that he looked like an ordinary guy!
Great movie! I loved those bullets! Anyone else remember this one?

KRW
Flinx   01-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Couldn't remember it at first, until you said Tom Selleck & Gene Simmons, then I remembered it. It had those creepy little insect-like robots.
cyber-jack   01-26-2005, 11:23 PM
KRW Wrote:Anybody here remeber a film by Michael Crichton called "Runaway"? I found it and bought it and watched it! Whoa, the memories that came back! I loved this movie when I was young and it's it seems I stiil love it! I always like a Tom Selleck movie, but when I first watched this movie was the first time I had ever seen Gene Simmons without make-up on (He was in the rock group KISS)! It blew me away that he looked like an ordinary guy!

KRW

I remember seeing this in theatres, and again on TV not so long ago, but do you remember one of Gene Simmons's earlier works in "Kiss Meets the Phantom"?
jimbow8   01-27-2005, 12:01 AM
cyber-jack Wrote:I remember seeing this in theatres, and again on TV not so long ago, but do you remember one of Gene Simmons's earlier works in "Kiss Meets the Phantom"?
Isn't it called The Phantom of the Park? I have never actually seen it but want to.

And, yes, I vaguely remember Runaway with the robotic spider-things.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Medusa   01-27-2005, 01:01 AM
KRW Wrote:Anybody here remeber a film by Michael Crichton called "Runaway"? I found it and bought it and watched it! Whoa, the memories that came back! I loved this movie when I was young and it's it seems I stiil love it! I always like a Tom Selleck movie, but when I first watched this movie was the first time I had ever seen Gene Simmons without make-up on (He was in the rock group KISS)! It blew me away that he looked like an ordinary guy!

KRW
I LOVED that movie! Gene Simmons was so cool! That was one of the first real action movie my son ever watched. I guess he was about 6. He loved the "spiders".
Kenji   01-27-2005, 10:26 AM

KRW

Yes! I remember this movie! Japanese title was "Mirai Keisatsu", it's meaning "Future police". Anyway, I like this movie,too. Spider robot, rocket bullets, car chase bombs....yeah, everything cool. Still, I have Laser Disc.

BTW, anybody remember another Crichton's movie, West World? That gun-man robot,Yul Brinner(sp?) was cool. I think Runaway and West World are Jurassic Park's origin. Don'cha think so?
Medusa   01-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Kenji Wrote:Yes! I remember this movie! Japanese title was "Mirai Keisatsu", it's meaning "Future police". Anyway, I like this movie,too. Spider robot, rocket bullets, car chase bombs....yeah, everything cool. Still, I have Laser Disc.

BTW, anybody remember another Crichton's movie, West World? That gun-man robot,Yul Brinner(sp?) was cool. I think Runaway and West World are Jurassic Park's origin. Don'cha think so?
West World was cool! It's "sequel" Future World was BORING!
Kenji   01-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Medusa Wrote:West World was cool! It's "sequel" Future World was BORING!

I saw Future World, but I don't remember it.........I remember Peter Honda.
cyber-jack   01-27-2005, 11:27 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Isn't it called The Phantom of the Park? I have never actually seen it but want to.

And, yes, I vaguely remember Runaway with the robotic spider-things.

Actually it's "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park". A long title if you ask me. I saw it as a kid, and always remembered it with the shortened title, don't remember much about the movie itself though, since I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 years old.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077788/
Scott Hajek   01-27-2005, 12:06 PM
cyber-jack Wrote:Actually it's "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park". A long title if you ask me. I saw it as a kid, and always remembered it with the shortened title, don't remember much about the movie itself though, since I couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 years old.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077788/

This movie was referenced in an article in SYNC magazine listing the "The 50 Biggest Nerds of All Time." KISS came in at 27 because of this movie.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Pages (3): 1 2 3