Pages (3):    1 2 3
the Oracle   01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Throw in Ghostbusters 2 and Caddyshack 2 also. Horrible! And I'm not fond of The Temple of Doom (Indiana Jones 2).
I dug IJ&TTOD. I guess I am different.

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Kenji   01-15-2005, 11:03 AM
At last, I saw it on DVD.

I just wanna say, "Woow! This is too cool!!! I liked it. Why didn't I see it in theater? How could I know!" Now I understood why everybody said "surprised". Opening gun fight scene was awesome. Christian Bale, his moves was sharp and fast. Terrific!

BTW, this movie reminded me of "Fahrenheit 451".
Maggers   03-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Based on this thread, I put "Equilibrium" on my Netflix queue and just finished watching it. I'm not as enamored of it as many of you are, but I did enjoy it a lot. I, too, thought it was head and shoulders above all the Matrixes (Matrices?). The gun play scenes were phenomenal. I love that stuff.

It carried more weight for me, cerebrally speaking, than Matrix. You can't stuff emotions without paying a heavy price, and you can't live without feeling them. I saw this movie as the end result of over-use of psychotropic medication, Prozac nation personified. But mother nature, with all her magnificent irregularities, will prevail.

I'm a big Christian Bale fan. I watched "Empire of the Sun" again not long ago and was blown away, yet again. I think it's Speilberg's best movie, along with "ET," IMHO.

I just took a look at "Batman Begins" on IMDB....Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldham and Rutger Hauer...OMG what a cast! Can't wait to see it. It will be very interesting to see what Christopher Nolan does with it. "Memento" is on my ever-expanding list of top 10 films, and I really enjoyed "Insomnia," too.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   03-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'm a big Christian Bale fan. I watched "Empire of the Sun" again not long ago and was blown away, yet again. I think it's Speilberg's best movie, along with "ET," IMHO.

Did you see The Machinist? If you see it, you will be his fan more. Big Grin

Quote:I just took a look at "Batman Begins" on IMDB....Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldham and Rutger Hauer...OMG what a cast! Can't wait to see it. It will be very interesting to see what Christopher Nolan does with it. "Memento" is on my ever-expanding list of top 10 films, and I really enjoyed "Insomnia," too.

And, don't forget Ken Watanabe. He is outstanding Japanese actor. Wink
Maggers   03-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Kenji Wrote:Did you see The Machinist? If you see it, you will be his fan more. Big Grin

No, Kenji, "The Machinist" was in theaters in NYC for about a minute and a half, and it disappeared. It's on my Netflix list, so I'll get to see it when it's released on DVD. I'm almost afraid to see him in it; he lost an enormous amount of weight for the film and is supposed to look really, really awful.

kenji Wrote:And, don't forget Ken Watanabe. He is outstanding Japanese actor. Wink

You are right!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   03-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'm almost afraid to see him in it; he lost an enormous amount of weight for the film and is supposed to look really, really awful.

Yes......Be afraid. Be afraid for him...... :eek: Big Grin
Pages (3):    1 2 3