Pages (2): 1 2   
crimsontarheel   12-27-2004, 03:25 PM
is this a book i've missed?
the Oracle   12-27-2004, 03:45 PM
crimsontarheel Wrote:is this a book i've missed?
It is a short story found in Barrens.

(:

And, it is pretty daggon good!

-Rip

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
mr mikey   12-27-2004, 05:00 PM
the Oracle Wrote:And, it is pretty daggon good!

-Rip

I'll second that. You should deffinately give it a read, as well as the other great stories in Barrens. I was particularly fond of fpw's take on the joker. Would anybody happen to know the title of it?
Scott Miller   12-27-2004, 05:12 PM
mr mikey Wrote:I'll second that. You should deffinately give it a read, as well as the other great stories in Barrens. I was particularly fond of fpw's take on the joker. Would anybody happen to know the title of it?

Definitive Therapy.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
flyboy707   12-27-2004, 07:19 PM

I would also suggest reading these two RJ short stories:

"Long Way Home"

"Wringer"

These, for me, are the best two Repairman Jack short stories (that are not incoporated into any book). Just before I typed this, I re-read "Wringer" again....great story.

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
Maggers   12-27-2004, 07:36 PM
flyboy707 Wrote:I would also suggest reading these two RJ short stories:

"Long Way Home"

"Wringer"

These, for me, are the best two Repairman Jack short stories (that are not incoporated into any book). Just before I typed this, I re-read "Wringer" again....great story.

Hi Flyboy,
Where do we find these two stories, if they are not included in any book?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   12-27-2004, 09:03 PM

I just re-read "A Day In The Life" from THE BARRENS AND OTHERS. That's the joy of having a short memory; I get to read books and see movies again and again and again, and it's almost like the first time. I do begin to remember bits and pieces, but I've forgotten enough to make the re-read very enjoyable.

At any rate, "A Day in the Life" is quintessential Jack, sans the supernatural. Just Jack and the bad guys.

I have 3 words to say: Fab U Lous!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

SteveBlack   12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Okay Maggers - you've convinced me. I'll read it ASAP
Steve
PS As soon as I've finished Daredevil!!!
crimsontarheel   12-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Maggers Wrote:I just re-read "A Day In The Life" from THE BARRENS AND OTHERS. That's the joy of having a short memory; I get to read books and see movies again and again and again, and it's almost like the first time. I do begin to remember bits and pieces, but I've forgotten enough to make the re-read very enjoyable.

At any rate, "A Day in the Life" is quintessential Jack, sans the supernatural. Just Jack and the bad guys.

I have 3 words to say: Fab U Lous!

I have to agree i remember reading it now, i too suffer from a memory that would rival Dory's in Finding Nemo, but it can be both a curse and a blessing
Thanks to all for the info
flyboy707   12-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Maggers Wrote:Hi Flyboy,
Where do we find these two stories, if they are not included in any book?

"The Long Way Home" - this one can be found only in the book
Dark at Heart (Dark Harvest, 1992)

"The Wringer" - this one can be found in the book Night Screams (ROC, 1995) or Gauntlet No. 17 (October 99)

Maggers, definitely worth the read. Big Grin

"There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other that you can boast about it."
Pages (2): 1 2