Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
Scott Hajek   08-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Finally saw it. Loved the action and special effects. Hated, absolutely HATED the Hollywood ending.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Marc   08-14-2005, 02:18 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Finally saw it. Loved the action and special effects. Hated, absolutely HATED the Hollywood ending.

The movie sucked. Horrible. It was a joke. The best part for me was the retirement home crew that weas there. Here was the conversation exactly:

Old Woman 1: I remember listing to the radio drama.
Old Woman 2: How did this compare?
Old Woman 1: It sucked.

Can't beat an old woman stating something "sucked". That was the best part of the movie.
Maggers   08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Finally saw it. Loved the action and special effects. Hated, absolutely HATED the Hollywood ending.

Ditto, Scott. I agree. It is by no means a perfect picture, but there is a lot to enjoy, and enough to be critical of, the ending for instance. I found it absolutely enjoyable.

I respectfully disagree with Marc.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Jake Badlands   08-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Not so bad.

Didn't go into the cinema expecting much and came out quite surprised. I'll agree some parts were so Hollywood beyond belief but some scenes were quite dark indeed. The scene with the "flowing" river was a bit disturbing.

Not a Tom Cruise fan by any means - he nearly let the flick down to be honest. Just can't picture him with kids, and how can he still look like he's not a day over 25?

Keep an eye out for Tim Robbins; almost didn't recognise him.

Another plus that kept me interested throughout the flick was constantly thinking, "How the heck is mankind going to survive this one?"
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7