fpw   08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Gerald Rice   08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
fpw Wrote:Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8

Bernie Mac said originally that he wanted this to be a drama. I thought the concept had potential considering how frowned upon interracial dating- or rather, dating white people- is in the black community (Hispanics & Phillippinos are all right), but I guess the studios couldn't resist turning it into a comedy. This could have been as socially relevant as the original. I bailed at the preview.
remylass   08-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Wow. I actually rented it and enjoyed it. I mean, it was pretty much a fluff movie, but it did make me laugh.
t4terrific   08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
remylass Wrote:Wow. I actually rented it and enjoyed it. I mean, it was pretty much a fluff movie, but it did make me laugh.

I got enough of this film with the non stop tv spots. I never even considered watching the actual movie. Cool
hford713   08-11-2005, 03:13 PM
fpw Wrote:Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8
Although I have not seen this (nor will I ever - even with Netflix flowing through my bloodstream), there have been countless films that have urged me to literally leave early without finishing. A few are...
Mr. and Mrs. Smith - full of every cliched sequence and bit of dialogue we've all seen countless times - in addition it to dragging on for what seemed like an eternity.
Land of the Dead - I lasted maybe 20 minutes. Why?... Consider the title.
Wedding Crashers - Despite the majority of the folks enjoying this, I found nothing funny about it.
The Island - I left probably only minutes before the ending as it was more exciting to insert my own...
You see, I am taking the summer off to complete a writing project. My days begin by dropping my girfriend off at the train station for her commute to Boston. From there, I make my way to my neighborhood Barnes & Noble to write for maybe 3 hours. I then have to kill a ton of time before I have to pick her up at the train station later in the evening (as we live a half-hour away from it and it's just easier to stay in the general vicinity) - so, I either end up in a theater or visiting my sister. With that, I've seen a goodly amount of movies.
But what keeps me up at night is why I actually leave the theaters prior to the closing credits in the first place... Is it that I am cursed to never appreciate another film again, or is it that there truly are some pretty awful films out there?
Okay, I've gotta split. Heading off to a 3:15 Dukes of Hazzard.
(kidding)
This post was last modified: 08-11-2005, 03:16 PM by hford713.
Annice Burdeos   08-11-2005, 09:20 PM

FF=8

I skipped this when I had a chance to see it for FREE!

I needed my eyesight!
Terry Willacker   08-16-2005, 12:41 PM
We also turned it off early, about 30 minutes in.
Mike   08-16-2005, 01:35 PM

FF=8

The sad thing is there is a possibility that you were watching HWMNBNUPOD for roughly 20 minutes. Lions Gate can go either Spielberg or Ed Wood on us. I have seen their movies! Big Grin
fpw   08-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Mike Wrote:Lions Gate can go either Spielberg or Ed Wood on us. I have seen their movies! Big Grin

Not sure I follow. "Guess Who?" was a Columbia/Sony film.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Mike   08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
fpw Wrote:Not sure I follow. "Guess Who?" was a Columbia/Sony film.

My mistake. I see that Beacon in doing the RJ film and Lions Gate is doing SIMS and (in my mind) I had the two reversed. On my mistaken premise that Lions Gate was doing the RJ film I was kidding around that they would choose Ashton Kutcher from "Guess Who?" to play RJ. He fits the age parameter of HWMNBNUPOD. I have seen Lions Gate films that have been top notch and I have also seen some that stank on ice.