RepairmanJack.com Forums
Guess who? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Guess who? (/thread-1128.html)

Guess who? - fpw - 08-11-2005

Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8

Guess who? - Gerald Rice - 08-11-2005

fpw Wrote:Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8

Bernie Mac said originally that he wanted this to be a drama. I thought the concept had potential considering how frowned upon interracial dating- or rather, dating white people- is in the black community (Hispanics & Phillippinos are all right), but I guess the studios couldn't resist turning it into a comedy. This could have been as socially relevant as the original. I bailed at the preview.

Guess who? - remylass - 08-11-2005

Wow. I actually rented it and enjoyed it. I mean, it was pretty much a fluff movie, but it did make me laugh.

Guess who? - t4terrific - 08-11-2005

remylass Wrote:Wow. I actually rented it and enjoyed it. I mean, it was pretty much a fluff movie, but it did make me laugh.

I got enough of this film with the non stop tv spots. I never even considered watching the actual movie. Cool

Guess who? - hford713 - 08-11-2005

fpw Wrote:Another of those movies Mary and I thought we could watch together. We both bailed after 20 minutes. Un-freaking-watchable.

FF=8
Although I have not seen this (nor will I ever - even with Netflix flowing through my bloodstream), there have been countless films that have urged me to literally leave early without finishing. A few are...
Mr. and Mrs. Smith - full of every cliched sequence and bit of dialogue we've all seen countless times - in addition it to dragging on for what seemed like an eternity.
Land of the Dead - I lasted maybe 20 minutes. Why?... Consider the title.
Wedding Crashers - Despite the majority of the folks enjoying this, I found nothing funny about it.
The Island - I left probably only minutes before the ending as it was more exciting to insert my own...
You see, I am taking the summer off to complete a writing project. My days begin by dropping my girfriend off at the train station for her commute to Boston. From there, I make my way to my neighborhood Barnes & Noble to write for maybe 3 hours. I then have to kill a ton of time before I have to pick her up at the train station later in the evening (as we live a half-hour away from it and it's just easier to stay in the general vicinity) - so, I either end up in a theater or visiting my sister. With that, I've seen a goodly amount of movies.
But what keeps me up at night is why I actually leave the theaters prior to the closing credits in the first place... Is it that I am cursed to never appreciate another film again, or is it that there truly are some pretty awful films out there?
Okay, I've gotta split. Heading off to a 3:15 Dukes of Hazzard.
(kidding)

Guess who? - Annice Burdeos - 08-11-2005

FF=8

I skipped this when I had a chance to see it for FREE!

I needed my eyesight!

Guess who? - Terry Willacker - 08-16-2005

We also turned it off early, about 30 minutes in.

Guess who? - Mike - 08-16-2005

FF=8

The sad thing is there is a possibility that you were watching HWMNBNUPOD for roughly 20 minutes. Lions Gate can go either Spielberg or Ed Wood on us. I have seen their movies! Big Grin

Guess who? - fpw - 08-16-2005

Mike Wrote:Lions Gate can go either Spielberg or Ed Wood on us. I have seen their movies! Big Grin

Not sure I follow. "Guess Who?" was a Columbia/Sony film.

Guess who? - Mike - 08-16-2005

fpw Wrote:Not sure I follow. "Guess Who?" was a Columbia/Sony film.

My mistake. I see that Beacon in doing the RJ film and Lions Gate is doing SIMS and (in my mind) I had the two reversed. On my mistaken premise that Lions Gate was doing the RJ film I was kidding around that they would choose Ashton Kutcher from "Guess Who?" to play RJ. He fits the age parameter of HWMNBNUPOD. I have seen Lions Gate films that have been top notch and I have also seen some that stank on ice.