TinyRick   08-10-2020, 07:41 AM
As audiobooks have grown in popularity publishers have come to realize that the narrator is almost as important to the series as the author. I can’t imagine the Dresden books without James Marsters or the Rivers of London books without the guy with the weird name. For me as well as many others Christopher Price IS Repairman Jack ( despite his odd pronunciation of the word :room” :-)

While I realize that Dick Hill has following he makes me wish that I was deaf. I cannot imagine a worse person called upon to narrate any book. But regardless of one’s opinion of his work, it is a jarring transition when one gets to Bloodlines.

What are the chances of getting Bloodlines and By The Sword re-released on audiobook with Christopher price as the narrator? there is precedent for this. Jim Butcher’s Ghost Story created such an outcry that James Marsters went back and recorded in a few years after the initial release.

The fact that The Last Christmas was not read by Price does not give me encouragement however. I can handle that one and I can handle The Tomb but the two Dick Hill books have got to go.
t4terrific   08-11-2020, 05:27 PM
It is strange to suddenly hear a new voice.
This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 07:47 PM by t4terrific.
fpw   08-18-2020, 10:11 PM
No publisher's going to redo an audio.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
TinyRick   01-18-2022, 11:27 PM
fpw Wrote:No publisher's going to redo an audio.

even if we get a Repairman jack series on Netflix? I’ll volunteer to be your showrunner. I studied film in college and I am annoyingly hard to please.

Any chance that “Quick Fixes” will ever be released as an audiobook? I would love to be able to listen to those while I’m going to work.

And while I have your attention, can we please have some more Repairman Jack books? Please! I feel like the art of writing has in general gone downhill and the book offerings in the past several years have been mediocre at best. I actually go back and re-read your books rather read anything new. I get a few chapters in and then I’m like oh well, time for Repairman Jack.