drphunk   02-24-2019, 01:48 PM
I'm fairly new to this forum and this is my first actual post. I started reading F Paul Wilson books in January 2018 and I've now read almost all of the Secret History (apart from the 5th Harmonic). I just finished reading the UK Kindle edition of The Void Protocol and I noticed a mention of a novella entitled 'Signalz'. A google search, an Amazon search and a search of this forum have revealed nothing.

What is Signalz?
fpw   02-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Good eye. It's just written -- part of the Secret History and occurs on the eve of Nightworld. Jack's not involved, but you'll find new characters and old ones weaving through it. I'm thinking it should wait until after the next Jack novel, The Last Christmas, drops in the fall.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
drphunk   02-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Cool - I've noticed that the list is regularly updated with new stories so gives me something to look forward to. Also looking forward to the comic book - I have a mental image of Jack looking like Kurt Russell but will be interested in seeing what the artist thinks
t4terrific   02-28-2019, 11:45 PM
drphunk Wrote:Cool - I've noticed that the list is regularly updated with new stories so gives me something to look forward to. Also looking forward to the comic book - I have a mental image of Jack looking like Kurt Russell but will be interested in seeing what the artist thinks

That’s funny. When The Tomb was first described to me, I said it sounded like Jack Burton and Big Trouble in Little China!

I was way off on the personalities, but it is a similar concept.
tbone42486   03-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Ive often thought that Kurt Russell and John Carpenter would have been a perfect pair to bring The Tomb to the big screen. Back in the 80’s, when Russell was young and Carpenter was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t4terrific   03-03-2019, 02:31 PM
tbone42486 Wrote:Ive often thought that Kurt Russell and John Carpenter would have been a perfect pair to bring The Tomb to the big screen. Back in the 80’s, when Russell was young and Carpenter was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 years ago, I agree.
fpw   03-04-2019, 12:05 PM
I'd be delighted to see Sam Rockwell in the part.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
JBK   10-08-2019, 09:31 PM
fpw Wrote:Good eye. It's just written -- part of the Secret History and occurs on the eve of Nightworld. Jack's not involved, but you'll find new characters and old ones weaving through it. I'm thinking it should wait until after the next Jack novel, The Last Christmas, drops in the fall.

Will it feature the Lady de Medici?? 😍
This post was last modified: 01-14-2020, 12:23 PM by JBK.
JBK   01-14-2020, 12:21 PM
Nice call. Sam would be perfect.
quikfix228   07-09-2020, 11:01 PM
I actually got suckered into watching a movie with Sam as a hit man by my wife. Some chick flick that gagged me but he has jack written all over him. He’s got the right humor and the right anger\anger management level in that movie. And when he takes the guy outside of the bar and kills him after being very nice about it reminds me of jack walking Kate home and showing the mugger his Glock in his wasteband. I know it’ll be miserable for us fans if it’s done wrong, but it’s been long enough. Someone needs to give it a try