madh0us3   02-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Originally? Was it ever stated?

Did he take Magda's last name when they were married? What was that? Arrghh I can't remember, it's been too long...
madh0us3   02-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Ok, Magda's last name was Cuza, right? I did find that easy enough.

But did Glaeken take that last name as his own when they were married?

And did he have an original last name?
madh0us3   02-03-2015, 12:04 AM
OK. Now I'm just spamming up my own thread. I know I could edit these posts, but this is more fun in a stream-of-consciousness style.

I've dug up that the movie "The Keep" revealed his name as "Glaeken Trismegestus".

**Is this gospel from the books though? Or was this just something made up for the movie?**

I also did find and remember "Glenn Veilluer" being the name he used in his later years.

This may be strange, but I'm creating a character for a D&D roleplaying game and I'm trying to nail down every fine detail that I can get my hands on. I'm not 100% on using "Trismegestus" if it's ONLY from the movie. But Veilluer doesn't feel right either, being an assumed name to go with "Glenn".

In addition to the name, I'm also trying to nail down the smaller details of his appearance as described by FPW. I know he's a redhead (I always imagined it as the orange/ginger color), and has olive skin. Were there other fine details? I did find a reference to "Glaeken’s intense blue eyes" in Dark at the End.

Do you think his sword was more of a one-handed type? Or was it a heavier two-handed bastard sword (or bigger) type?

I suppose if I'm going to do this up right, I should re-read The Keep. I think I'm getting closer to getting this nailed down though.

Does anyone have anything else to add to this?
This post was last modified: 02-03-2015, 12:10 AM by madh0us3.
Tony H   02-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I am sure Paul will add his final word shortly, but as far as I recall, he never had a proper surname. Perhaps they were not needed in the first age.

He did not take Magda's name because he ended up going with Veilleur. As you pointed out, I am sure since she was unmarried and her father's last name was Cuza, that is what she would have gone by. Unless she changed it for reasons related to WWII.

The last name you are recalling was created for the movie I believe. I remember hearing it when watching the movie and thinking it was a weird thing to give a character a last name where the was none.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   02-03-2015, 11:34 AM
He's Glaeken. And his antipode is Rasalom. They weren't big on surnames back then. Sorta like Madonna, ya know? They didn't think they needed one.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   02-03-2015, 11:35 AM
I kind of see him with a Claymore style weapon.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.