Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
stacyzinda123   12-16-2004, 11:09 AM
fpw Wrote:Matt is supposed to bring them down tomorrow for inscriptions.

Will they ship by Monday? I paid the shipping upgrade to priority mail so hopefully mine will come before Christmas(fingers crossed).
fpw   12-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Just inscribed 50 copies of Beige. Matt says it's his bestselling Little Book so far (he sold lots more in the uninscribed state).

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
the Oracle   12-17-2004, 02:27 PM
fpw Wrote:Just inscribed 50 copies of Beige. Matt says it's his bestselling Little Book so far (he sold lots more in the uninscribed state).
From Shock? Did you inscribe one to Vaughn? I am just taking a stab here, but I bet you don't sign to that name very often...

(:

-Vaughn

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Shocklines.com   12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
the Oracle Wrote:From Shock? Did you inscribe one to Vaughn? I am just taking a stab here, but I bet you don't sign to that name very often...

(:

-Vaughn

Yup, Vaughn was in there.
the Oracle   12-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:Yup, Vaughn was in there.
Sweet!!!

He will be very happy.

(:

Thanks,
Rip

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
fpw   12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
the Oracle Wrote:From Shock? Did you inscribe one to Vaughn? I am just taking a stab here, but I bet you don't sign to that name very often...

Yep. I remember a Vaughn. Lots of familiar names from the board.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   12-20-2004, 12:39 AM
fpw Wrote:Yep. I remember a Vaughn. Lots of familiar names from the board.

I'm not a professional collector or even an amateur, and now I see why.

I ordered BEIGE from Borderlands. I am now the happy recipient of the copy. It's awfully cute. I love little things, Like sample bottles of shampoo and stuff like that. Now I have a miniature book, too.

But it's not signed! I don't know why I thought it would be. I could have sworn that I even wrote the name I wanted it inscribed to, but alas, didn't happen.

Apparently only Shocklines was inscribing? I dun got cornfused. :confused:

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   12-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Maggers Wrote:I'm not a professional collector or even an amateur, and now I see why.

I ordered BEIGE from Borderlands. I am now the happy recipient of the copy. It's awfully cute. I love little things, Like sample bottles of shampoo and stuff like that. Now I have a miniature book, too.

But it's not signed! I don't know why I thought it would be. I could have sworn that I even wrote the name I wanted it inscribed to, but alas, didn't happen.

Apparently only Shocklines was inscribing? I dun got cornfused. :confused:

It MUST be signed. But I inscribed one to "Maggers" for Matt (I THINK I did). Did you order two?

FPW
FAQ
Maggers   12-20-2004, 01:46 AM
fpw Wrote:It MUST be signed. But I inscribed one to "Maggers" for Matt (I THINK I did). Did you order two?

Wow, Paul, are you ever wrong?

It IS signed. I only just picked it up a couple of hours ago and was in a hurry to get home. So on the first look through I missed your signature beneath your ... umm... rather grand proboscis. Told you I'm not a collector. It's not inscribed to "Maggers," though, which is what I thought I had requested. It is entirely possible that I ordered two, though I don't remember doing so.

It's a signed, numbered edition. #247 of 500. Very cool.

And one line on the last page of "Please Don't Hurt Me" still GROSSES ME OUT more than just about anything else I've ever read!
This post was last modified: 12-20-2004, 02:05 AM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

fpw   12-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Maggers Wrote:It's not inscribed to "Maggers," though, which is what I thought I had requested. It is entirely possible that I ordered two, though I don't remember doing so.

You'd never get an inscribed copy from Borderlands. Only from Shocklines. And unless there's another Maggers out there, I know I signed one to you.

FPW
FAQ
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6