Jayboman   03-30-2014, 11:55 AM
I really like almost all of the RJ books in audio; oy, but this Bloodlines performance...

Maybe it's my old ears, but this one is giving me trouble. Sometimes it the audio level when a woman is speaking in the story. It goes real soft and I have to turn it up. Then the (probably authenticate) accent the performer uses is just darn hard for me to make out what is being said.
I guess it's all my fault - my wife and I were complaining about wanting a new guy after hearing the old guy for the first several books. :o

Sorry I can't remember the names here - I think the first one is Christopher Price.

There's something about reading the books first and then listening to them. Brings out new things.
fpw   03-30-2014, 03:06 PM
I can't listen to my own books.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Jayboman   03-30-2014, 08:07 PM
I'll bet that would be one weird experience. At least you'd be assured that _those_ performances wouldn't mess with the scripts!
Alvin Fox   03-31-2014, 10:11 AM
Something that was cracking me up was in Draculas when the narrator just repeats the word "BLOOD" really fast for a minute.

But I have a weird sense of humor.