mrcopco   08-22-2013, 01:51 PM
This is the first time I have ever joined a fans forum , but felt compelled to do so.
I really wanted to send a big thank you to FPW for his excellent Repairman Jack series , which i have just completed today.
I came across the Tomb completely by accident , having Googled " What is the scariest novel ever ? ".
Strangely enough , the Tomb seemed to be mentioned several times.
After purchasing it for my Kindle , and reading it in several hours , I instantly purchased the rest of the series , and boy what a journey it has been.
As of today , I only have Nightworld left , but have decided to leave it till the bitter end after having read the complete Adversary Cycle and the Young Jack series.
Its been a great journey , one I have been entertained , shocked and amused by.

My wife is next to read the series , after having been given a running commentary on each novel.

Thanks again to FPW for these novels and the world he has created , and a big thank you to this forum , which has open up further of FPW novels to me.

SmileSmile
Tony H   08-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mrcopco! I am always jealous of people who are so new to the journey. I wish I could recapture the awe and wonder I felt when I first discovered the adversary cycle.

It was so long ago that Legacies hadn't even come out yet and everything was wrapped up in six books.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
rjack_fan   08-22-2013, 07:00 PM
:welcome:

Definitely leave Nightworld until absolutely last. Black Wind also ties in and is a favorite of many around here. Plus there are some short stories too.
IanSF   08-22-2013, 08:43 PM
Welcome to FPW's Secret History of the World. It's an eye-opener for sure. There's a wealth of other fiction by the Good Doctor waiting to be discovered. I have yet to find a book that I did not like. (Nice to see a fellow Brit as well.)
mrcopco   08-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the advice. Leaving Nightworld for the very end , having just started The Keep.
I must be one of the few people out there who liked the movie.
I can remember its video release in the UK , and watched it because of production photo's i had seen in Fangoria.
Was also a Tangerine Dream fan having seen William Friedkin's Sorceror.
fpw   08-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Welcome.
Yeah, it's been a long strange trip, and it ain't over yet.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
cobalt   08-23-2013, 09:28 AM
mrcopco Wrote:Thanks for the advice. Leaving Nightworld for the very end , having just started The Keep.
I must be one of the few people out there who liked the movie.
I can remember its video release in the UK , and watched it because of production photo's i had seen in Fangoria.
Was also a Tangerine Dream fan having seen William Friedkin's Sorceror.

Welcome to the board. Smile

I'm one of the few that liked the movie....and it lead me to the books.

EWMAN