SamH   02-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Just re-reading "The Haunted Air" and wondering if anyone else thought that Dr. Wilson does an amazing job of reproducing the Detroit patois of the Kentons, particularly Charlie. Trouble is, I'm a middle-aged white female so I probably am not the best judge. It just seemed to ring really true to me.
Sigokat   02-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Was Charlie the younger brother? The one that [spoiler] died? [/spoiler]

If so, I liked him best of the two brothers.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Damin J. Toell   02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
They're among my favorite characters. Also P. Frank Winslow, who doesn't nearly get enough love. Smile
SamH   02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:They're among my favorite characters. Also P. Frank Winslow, who doesn't nearly get enough love. Smile

LOL, Damin. But yes, Charlie was the younger brother aka Kehinde. I liked him best too.
cobalt   02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
The Haunted Air is one of my favorites. It has Jack, the Kentons, a spooky house with a past, a good dose of the Otherness and how Jack ends up doing a fix for the brothers.
Gia....sorry...hate her here.....also has big news for Jack in this book.

EWMAN