Pages (21):    1 2 3 4 5 6 21   
Marc   02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
cobalt Wrote:Because the Empire under-estimated the Ewoks and their ability to be supported by the rebel forces.

Or vice versa. The Ewoks were slightly more advanced than our apes. If the rebels hadn't landed on Endor then the Ewoks would never have become involved in the conflict. They helped the rebels, not the other way around.
cobalt   02-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Marc Wrote:Or vice versa. The Ewoks were slightly more advanced than our apes. If the rebels hadn't landed on Endor then the Ewoks would never have become involved in the conflict. They helped the rebels, not the other way around.

You could look at that way too. Smile

EWMAN
LolaRennt   02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Random comment that contributes nothing: Star Trek had Harry Mudd and tribbles.

Why do I always do this to myself???
PicardRex   02-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Sigokat Wrote:DS9 > TOS > Next Generation > Enterprise > Voyager

TNG>Voyager>DS9>TOS>Enterprise>The abrams shitcurrently being called Star Trek. Just had to fix that for you.

Joking of course. About the fixing, not about the order.
Sigokat   02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
ok, I can see you putting TNG first, since you're Picard and all that...but Voyager before DS9 and TOS??? What you been smoking?? Smile

I never understand Voyagers appeal, especially for women...lets put a strong woman in the leading role as a Starship Captain...and what does she do...SHE GET'S LOST!!

Oh and then she gets promoted to Admiral while Picard is still a Captain. WTF, over??

I guess that ol' saying in today's military holds true in Starfleet..."F*** Up, Move Up" Smile
This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
PicardRex   02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Sigokat Wrote:ok, I can see you putting TNG first, since you're Picard and all that...but Voyager before DS9 and TOS??? What you been smoking?? Smile

I never understand Voyagers appeal, especially for women...lets put a strong woman in the leading role as a Starship Captain...and what does she do...SHE GET'S LOST!!

Well, its partly what i grew up with. My grandfather watched TOS, so I saw some here and there, but to a kid growing up in the 80's it was kinda hokey. Then TNG came out and I was blown away, of course nowadays I'm sure it seems hokey.

As for DS9, I loved that it showed an expanded universe, loved the ship to ship combat, what I didn't like was most of the characters. Hated Sisko, don't really care for the actor, hated Kira, didn't like Bashir unless it was him and O'Brien going on holo/historical battles, Dax was alright, Odo was ok, liked Quark and Garak, but the best, Worf, was stolen from TNG.

As for Voyager, I liked the majority of the characters, I liked the return to exploration, and I liked the ship, even if it looks like a giant phaser.
Sigokat   02-20-2013, 12:00 PM
I didn't care much for Sisko, but I think alot of that was how Avery Brooks played him. I had heard that Brooks was more of a stage actor and that's why he came off as very wooden. I hated Kira also, she grated on my nerves all the time. I didn't care for Bashir at first but I think he developed the most as a character throughout the series. I liked Dax, thought she was cool and Quark and Odo were good too. Garak was my favorite, just wished he had more screen time.

And O'Brien...god...I can't stand him! Not on DS9 or TNG...and Keiko was annoying as all get out! O'Brien was just so bland and I don't like the actor much either. I mean how do you go from being the transporter chief on the Enterprise (because lets be honest, that's all he really did) to the Ops Chief on DS9?! Everytime I saw the episode was O'Brien centric and groaned with frustration just as much as when it was one about the Bajorans and the Prophets! Smile

And yeah, now that you mention it, Voyager did look like a big phaser LOL

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
PicardRex   02-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes O'Brien was kinda bland, moreso on TNG than DS9 I think. I didn't care for his character a lot, just basically liked his friendship with Bashir. A lot like Data and Geordi's or Harry and Tom's. Although there was a good episode of TNG where he has to confront his wartime past about the Caradassians that was pretty good. And yes, Ops Chief does seem like an illogical promotion for him.

Avery Brooks is a freaky dude, have you seen the doc that Shatner does, I think its called The Captains, he goes around interviewing all of them and Brooks is one crazy mofo.

See, the Bajorans and the prophets were another reason that I didn't like DS9 that much. About the time of the Dominion War was when I started liking it a lot more.
Sigokat   02-20-2013, 12:41 PM
No, I'll have to check that doc out if I can get it here (download time on our civilian internet in the barracks sucks)

O'Brien and Bashir's friendship was pretty interesting. And since you brought up O'Brien's past about fighting the Cardassians, it made me think of another thing I didn't like about him (and the writing)...they were always like "I was a soldier once" and stuff like that...ummm..you're still in Starfleet, dude, technically you are still a soldier. MAybe that's just me being a military guy being too picky though. Smile

Yeah the Dominion Wars were cool and it did seem a bit too late. I really liked the Breen and was kind of upset that they were introduced so late in the story, they could have been a powerful enemy with their technology and mystery.

Major K

PicardRex   02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Its defintely worth a watch. Its Shatner being the Shat, so there is a bit of that, but its interesting to hear from Stewart, Brooks, Bakula and Mulgrew. One really interesting thing Bakula said when asked by Shatner why he thought Enterprise didn't last the 7 years, was that Bakula thought he and his cast just didn't have the magic/chemistry that all the other casts had. It was interesting because I found it to be honest and I didn't expect anyone to own up to that.

I see what you mean about the soldier thing and I agree, I guess they just meant that wartime conditions change things up, like when you're actively fighting Cardassians its easy to think of yourself as a soldier, but when you're stuck transporting horny Betazoid mothers it can be easy to forget.

I was just watching an episode last night actually, the one where the crooked admiral tries to use the war as a cover for his takeover of Starfleet. There was an awesome scene of the Defiant and an Excelsior class going at it and it was pretty good looking for a 15 year old show. I was bitching that I wish DS9 had been before TNG, so TNG could've benefitted from the enhanced CGI that the later shows got.
Pages (21):    1 2 3 4 5 6 21