Pages (21):    1 2 3 4 5 21   
cobalt   02-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Sigokat Wrote:You're the first person I've ever known to say they are a Trekkie, but that they prefer Star Wars over Star Trek. Guess there's a first for everything!

I'm a big fan of both.....I just like Star Wars more. Smile

EWMAN
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 11:42 AM
cobalt Wrote:I'm a big fan of both.....I just like Star Wars more. Smile

Blah. Okay, will a Star Wars fanboy/girl explain this to me then? Why would the Empire build its ONLY shield generation unit on the moon of Endor, inhabited by a bunch of savage carebears? I mean, I could see if it was the BACKUP generation unit, but the primary? I mean, why wouldn't that be part of the Death Star? I know it was still being constructed, but why couldn't the shield generators be a little higher on the priority of work list than say...the stormtroopers' quarters? It just doesn't make sense!!!

How about get the shield generation units in place and THEN start on other things. You could have patrols of TIE fighters and some Star Destroyers patrolling the perimeter prior to the generators being complete and then when the generators come on line they could start working on the defensive capabilities.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Fenian1916   02-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Phucking ewoks

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Marc   02-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Wasn't John Harrison originally a friend of Kirk's in the OT, that ended up turning bad?

cobalt Wrote:I'm a big fan of both.....I just like Star Wars more. Smile

Same here. Both universes are very expansive and interesting, but there's just something about Star Wars.
This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 12:23 PM by Marc.
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 12:23 PM
marc, I think you are thinking of Gary Mitchell.

While those involved say Cumberbatch's character is canon, there is no John Harrison character from the original series. So I think that is where alot of the rumors are starting from.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Marc   02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Sigokat Wrote:marc, I think you are thinking of Gary Mitchell.

While those involved say Cumberbatch's character is canon, there is no John Harrison character from the original series. So I think that is where alot of the rumors are starting from.

I stand correct. You are right... I was confusing the two characters.
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Yes...I am a REAL Trekkie LOL

Major K

Fenian1916   02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Gary Seven or something like that

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   02-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Gary Seven is awesome!

I see no one thinks my post about my story worthy of comment. Just let ol' JJ steal my ideas!!

Major K

Fenian1916   02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Wasn't Gary Seven supposed to become his own show?

Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Pages (21):    1 2 3 4 5 21