Sigokat   12-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Is anyone else excited about this? Yeah its going to be strange that it will be in three movies and I've accepted the fact that I probably will not see Smaug in the first film, but it still looks like it will be very good.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
LolaRennt   12-05-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd forgotten that they were going to break it up into three movies. But yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Fenian1916   12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Sigokat Wrote:Is anyone else excited about this? Yeah its going to be strange that it will be in three movies and I've accepted the fact that I probably will not see Smaug in the first film, but it still looks like it will be very good.

I can't wait, it looks awesome and Sherlock Holmes is the voice of Smaug who you're right will probably only be in the last two movies

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
Sigokat   12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:I can't wait, it looks awesome and Sherlock Holmes is the voice of Smaug who you're right will probably only be in the last two movies

I'm going to visit some friends and we are all going to go see it on opening day.

I'm excited to see the Shapeshifter as well. He should be pretty awesome.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   12-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I can't wait! I have free movie passes so it's even more awesome.

EWMAN
Kenji   12-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Last night I saw this. Wow! This is soooo great one!

I don't spoiler, but LotR fan will love this prequel. Peter Jackson did good work. I want to see RotR trilogy again.
This post was last modified: 12-15-2012, 05:53 AM by Kenji.
LolaRennt   12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
My boyfriend, who has not read The Hobbit, enjoyed the movie and had no problems with certain scenes. I have read The Hobbit and didn't think some of the scenes that were in the movie were necessary and felt like it was a long movie. It definitely felt like Jackson was stretching to make a three hour movie. Really, it's OK to make a 2 hour movie.

Visually it was great.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Srem   12-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Gonna go see it this weekend.

I was wondering why there was no Smaug in the trailer until I read this thread (he'll probably be in Part 3). I remember seeing the cartoon version of The Hobbit in grade school and thought that the dragon was pretty cool, among other things. I'm sure it'll be a good waste of 3 hours of my life...

:pop2:

[SIZE=4]§ґφ[/SIZE]җ

Witchbreed Book of Dreams
Sigokat   12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I saw it yesterday. It was very good. There was one scene at the beginning that made me a little skeptical, but luckily the rest of the movie did not go the way that scene did.

A friend of mine said there was one scene he didn't care for, but since its been a long time since I read the book or saw the cartoon I am not sure which scene he meant. I think I know, but I'm not sure and won't know till I talk to him again.

Overall, I enjoyed it alot. They added a certain female character into the story since the Hobbit didn't have any female characters, but since she's canon I was fine with it.

Great movie and it sucks to have to wait another year for the next part.

Major K

PicardRex   12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Sigokat Wrote:I saw it yesterday. It was very good. There was one scene at the beginning that made me a little skeptical, but luckily the rest of the movie did not go the way that scene did.

A friend of mine said there was one scene he didn't care for, but since its been a long time since I read the book or saw the cartoon I am not sure which scene he meant. I think I know, but I'm not sure and won't know till I talk to him again.

Overall, I enjoyed it alot. They added a certain female character into the story since the Hobbit didn't have any female characters, but since she's canon I was fine with it.

Great movie and it sucks to have to wait another year for the next part.

This.

There were parts that were a little off to me and it was definitely lighter in tone than LOTR. Overall though it was actually pretty good, didn't feel the length of it which is always good.

An issue for me though is, I am reminded of how much I loved Fellowship and then was seriously let down by Towers, I only hope he gets 3 for 3 this time.