Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6   
RJD2001   01-09-2013, 02:38 AM
bill1971 Wrote:How about Jeremy Rennar, Hawkeye from the Avengers?

He would be a pretty good choice in my opinion.
baconmaster   09-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Renner is a good suggestion, but Jack has brown eyes, no?
tbone42486   01-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Saw an article on Facebook today that Kurt Russell identifies as a Libertarian, and it reminded me that I haven't watched "The Thing" in a while. A few minutes into the movie I thought, what a terrible shame "The Tomb" wasn't made into a film in the early 80's when the book came out. A guy like John Carpenter, with a decent budget could have really done something with it. Not to mention Kurt Russell, pretty average guy with the capacity to be intense ("HELLS COMIN' WITH ME!) when needed. He would have been a great Jack.
Just about all of my favorite movies were made between 80-85. If only...
Dalt   04-17-2016, 02:39 AM
Dave618 Wrote:No, Bale is too handsome. I really want the "average" aspect of Jack to be respected when casting him. Someone here on another thread mentioned Sam Rockwell, and that's a brilliant choice. That guy is a great actor and should totally be able to pull off an average John Q. Public who can go berzerk when need be.

I've just seen Sam Rockwell in Mr Right and from beginning to end thought of him as Jack. Regular Joe looking, average height and build. Middle of the road 'looks'. Moves like a panther. Can really stage fight and looks good doing it. Razor sharp wit and delivery. A lot of on screen gravitas and intimidating in a 'what the hell is this lunatic going to do next?' kinda way. He's my top choice.
Dalt   04-17-2016, 02:57 AM
Ryan Reynolds is a superb actor and a skilled stage fighter. Great sense of humour but he's too good looking; he sticks out like sore thumb. I relate it to casting Brosnan, Lazenby or Connery as Bond. Although they all played the part well, their looks betrayed them as spies. You can't be a very efficient spy if everyone notices you when you walk in a room, which is why I maintain Craig has been the best casting for that roll since its inception. Sam Rockwell. If I ever meet him, I'm pitching him. Wink
fpw   04-21-2016, 08:27 AM
I agree with Sam Rockwell 100%. Looking forward to his new film.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
pzazzme   02-04-2017, 03:18 AM
I think Renner would be perfect!
fpw   02-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Renner too

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Harambe   06-16-2017, 01:21 AM
Scott Eastwood would be a great pick. He's just the right age, has the looks and build for being Jack, in addition to having experience in martial arts, and is a good enough actor to follow suit for the character.
fpw   06-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Harambe Wrote:Scott Eastwood would be a great pick. He's just the right age, has the looks and build for being Jack, in addition to having experience in martial arts, and is a good enough actor to follow suit for the character.

Yeah...early 30's, got his father's look. By now I'm ready to settle for James Corden.

FPW
FAQ
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6