Pages (4):    1 2 3 4
Smoke   02-19-2013, 04:01 AM
I watched Season 1 on streaming Netflix. For only 10$ a month it is a great deal. The bad thing about Netflix is they don't get a season until months after the season is over with and also, no Simpsons. Some other things I watched on Netflix worth mentioning is Season 1 and 2 for Walking Dead, all of Legend of the Seeker(based on Terry Goodkind's work), all of Stargate Universe(they removed Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, such a bummer), most of Grey's Anatomy, and I am currently watching Star Trek the Next Generation. Oh and for those fans of British Sci-fi, they have Red Dwarf and old and new Dr. Who.
Trang   02-22-2013, 02:35 PM
This is a nice series, I watched the pilot..

Concerning netflix, I think it's too bad they don't have series up to date..
Marc   02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Trang Wrote:Concerning netflix, I think it's too bad they don't have series up to date..

Not really Netflix fault. FX decides if and when it gets posted to Netflix, just like every other series. I would love to see every show get posted to Netflix the day after, or even a week, it airs. Then we could all kiss Cable goodbye.

(I'm on a cut cable kick at the moment.)
The Mad American   02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Marc Wrote:Not really Netflix fault. FX decides if and when it gets posted to Netflix, just like every other series. I would love to see every show get posted to Netflix the day after, or even a week, it airs. Then we could all kiss Cable goodbye.

I cut cable last year and while it was a challenge to adapt my viewing I am loving it. I mostly use streaming sites for my viewing (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon) and use a couple different devices to stream to my TVs.

The hardest thing for me was missing a lot of live sports on the cable channels. But it didn't take long to get over that. I purchased the MLB package for baseball and everything else I have found on delayed streaming sites. So I don't get it live but I can still watch without breaking any laws.

If cable or satellite would offer true ala' carte programming selection that is the only way I would ever consider going back. Even with the subscription fees for Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon my monthly bill is about 1/6 what it was when I had cable.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Marc   02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
I tried going antenna a couple years ago, but the antenna I got wasn't very good and and we had reception problems. Our first son, who was one at the time, enjoyed some Disney shows, so we decided to just keep it. We now have a plethora those shows saved on Tivo, and 90% of the shows we watch are on the standard networks, so it makes cutting relatively easy. The only big things are Daily Show for me, but I can stream that online, and my wife's cooking shows and those stupid Kardashian shows, but neither are enough to keep us paying upwards of $50 a month.
Trang   02-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Marc Wrote:Not really Netflix fault. FX decides if and when it gets posted to Netflix, just like every other series. I would love to see every show get posted to Netflix the day after, or even a week, it airs. Then we could all kiss Cable goodbye.

Yea, of course the channels wouldn't want netflix to have all the latest episodes...
But for example, here in Brazil we only see the episodes a few months laters on tv (since they have to be dubbed or subtitled and all those legal things) so I always watch via internet, so I can do it the day after it was aired...
Smoke   02-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Since we are on the subject of cable and internet I wanted to share something I found out not too long ago. Many other countries besides America have faster and better internet and cable and for a signifcantly lower cost. Here is a link to an article discussing the issue. http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/28/why-i...-governme/
It mentions the UK pays less than $6 a month for internet that is faster than ours. Ouch.

One of the comments in the article says...

"As a student in Lund, Sweden I pay $ 6,90 per month for my 100/100 Mbps fiber connection. No limit and i can cancel it with one month notice..."

Fair?
This post was last modified: 02-23-2013, 09:18 PM by Smoke.
Marc   02-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Nope. Not at all. Google is introducing Google Fiber that theoretically gets 1GB/sec, though no home system is designed for that. They are testing in Kansas right now, and they price it at $70/month. That's pretty reasonable considering I'm paying $65 for 18MB/sec through Comcast. If I can get even a fraction of that 1GB/sec speed I'll be happy.
Medusa   02-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure of my speeds or anything like that but I am still paying only $40 a month for my high speed internet. I got it with Earthlink however many years ago and I've learned if you don't change your plan I think they grandfather it in. We now pay Comcast but its still an earthlink email and the price has never gone up. Comcast is always calling about upgrading to different packages and I tell them no way.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4