Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Paul R   04-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Read this in the newspaper the other day. Seems unlikely, but it was in the paper so it must be true! Big Grin

'At Pearl Harbor in 1941... more deaths were caused by anaesthetists than by the Japenese.'
fpw   04-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Paul R Wrote:Read this in the newspaper the other day. Seems unlikely, but it was in the paper so it must be true! Big Grin

'At Pearl Harbor in 1941... more deaths were caused by anaesthetists than by the Japenese.'

That's very hard to believe. And how could they know?

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Ken Valentine   04-01-2004, 11:55 PM
fpw Wrote:That's very hard to believe. And how could they know?

Considering what day this is . . . .

Ken V.
Biggles   04-02-2004, 12:32 AM

Considering how low the Kates were coming in on their runs, I'll bet more deaths were caused by "friendly fire" than anaesthetists, but again, how could it be proven one way or the other?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2004, 06:41 AM
[Biggles, I'll bet you all the money in my pocket, and all I'll ever earn, that you won't find a reputable historian to aver the defensive fire from the ships at Pearl Harbor caused the ARIZONA to explode, or the OKLAHOMA to turn turtle, or the CALIFORNIA to sink into the mud. Wager there, partner?
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2004, 06:50 AM
Of course. Most of the deaths that day came from the explosion of the ARIZONA. (WHAT!!?--YOU BELIEVE HISTORIANS??!)
Paul R   04-02-2004, 07:45 AM

Hey guys, don't shoot the messenger! And anyway, newspapers over here in Sunny England don't lie do they? Do they?!
Ken Valentine   04-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:[Biggles, I'll bet you all the money in my pocket, and all I'll ever earn, that you won't find a reputable historian to aver the defensive fire from the ships at Pearl Harbor caused the ARIZONA to explode, or the OKLAHOMA to turn turtle, or the CALIFORNIA to sink into the mud. Wager there, partner?

Better re-read his post there Mike. But first get some sleep.

Ken V.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2004, 08:10 AM
Trying hard, Ken--what did I miss? (Will be back in the morning....)
Bluesman Mike Lindner   04-02-2004, 08:14 AM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Trying hard, Ken--what did I miss? (Will be back in the morning....)
Ah, jeez, you mean April Fool's Day?
Pages (3): 1 2 3