fpw   09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
So on Saturday I'm bitching about the celebrity culture and how I couldn't think of anyone I'd cross the street to meet. Comes Sunday I'm sitting in the hotel bar and in walks Shelly Berman (apparently he's in a 5-0 episode) whose comedy records I listened to as a kid. I can still quote passages. So who must, simply MUST get his photo with the man? He's still funny. Tugs on his toupe and tells Dennis he should think about getting one, looks at me and says, "Yours is pretty good - almost looks real." http://twitpic.com/aqr8br

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
regansm   09-06-2012, 02:37 AM
I still think of this guy every time I board an airplane ... insurance or no?
Dave618   09-06-2012, 02:54 AM
I must be out of the loop. Can't picture this guy in my mind at all. I guess I'll Google him. I would use the cop-out "he's before my time" but can't because I know a wide variety of old school comedians.
Dave618   09-06-2012, 02:58 AM
Dave618 Wrote:I must be out of the loop. Can't picture this guy in my mind at all. I guess I'll Google him. I would use the cop-out "he's before my time" but can't because I know a wide variety of old school comedians.

Just Googled. Ah, Larry David's father on Curb Your Enthusiasm! He's made me and my father laugh dozens of times. You'd think I'd have learned the fellow's name by now! I guess I'll have to dig more on Google and Youtube to see him in his early days.
Angel   09-19-2012, 01:17 PM
OMG! I would have been best sitting down, because I'd hate to fall over in public. There truly are so few celebs these days that I would be interested in talking to...or just listening to! But he is such a classic!

[Age alert!] I loved him in Love American Style! (not talking about re-runs either!) WOW! Too cool for school! Cool Angel

Angel Angel