MacEachaidh   05-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Dear FPW,
At the risk of sounding ungrateful for what you *have* done to make your books accessible, would you please give some thought to making more of your books available through non-proprietary and non-region-locked websites, like (say) Smashwords?

As a non-Kindler, I genuinely appreciate your willingness to make the ebook versions of your work non-DRM so they can be readily converted to epub (even though, sorry to say, the resulting formatting is often a bit ugly), but also as a non-Kindler I'd really prefer not to have to wade into the Amazon and all its clutching bogginess just so I can buy Amazon-controlled books to read on a non-Amazon system. Even putting my wariness of Amazon's system aside, as I'm not in either the US or the UK I am frequently locked out of being able to buy your books electronically because of distribution issues.

I know the situation is not of your making, and is no doubt a pain for you as well. I don't want you to have to spin your wheels, but I'd be grateful if there were other buying possibilities.

Now, while I'm here, huge congratulations on the publication of the revised Nightworld and finishing the RJ cycle! I can't wait to read the last few RJ books so I can appreciate the culmination in all its glory. Cool Smile
fpw   05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I cannot control the regions in Smashwords' distribution as I can with Kindle. MacMillan has US/Canada erights to all Adversary and RJ books except THE KEEP and LEGACIES. Those last 2 are in Smashwords because I hold world rights; but, since Smashwords' titles are delivered in the US and Canada, I can't put the other titles with them.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
MacEachaidh   05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Well that's a bummer. Leaves me without a good option.

Thanks for replying, though.