XiaoYu   05-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Headed up to NYC for Memorial Day weekend! Along with the other normal touristy things (like visiting Central Park and chowing down in Chinatown!), I'm gonna see if I have time to check out some buildings/landmarks/places mentioned in the Jack books, just for fun. Like a Duane Reade! (Although people from NY don't seem particularly excited about them Tongue)

If any NY residents here have suggestions for particular places of note from the series, throw 'em out here!

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Damin J. Toell   05-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Don't forget to visit Gia's place at 8 Sutton Square: http://ny.curbed.com/tags/8-sutton-square

And Memorial Day is a great time to visit. Jack loves the city during Memorial Day as per ALL THE RAGE, if memory serves.
Tony H   05-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:Don't forget to visit Gia's place at 8 Sutton Square: http://ny.curbed.com/tags/8-sutton-square

And Memorial Day is a great time to visit. Jack loves the city during Memorial Day as per ALL THE RAGE, if memory serves.

DAMIN! What up, ho?

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Damin J. Toell   05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Tony H Wrote:DAMIN! What up, ho?

Come on, Tony, we don't know one another that well. Call me "whore," please.
Tony H   05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Damin J. Toell Wrote:Come on, Tony, we don't know one another that well. Call me "whore," please.

I often cross the line of familiarity. My apologies, whore.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious