Deep Sea Repairman   02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I've been looking for the adversary cycle on MP3 audio book. Nothing could make my 2 hour daily commute through Detroit more enjoyable. Does. Anyone know where to find them as an MP3 download. I would like to find a real copy as well. (I would like Mr. Wilson to get paid for it) Does this even exist, and if not is it in the works? What would be the interest in the entire AC in an Audio format?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.674830,-83.225466
rjack_fan   02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
:welcome:

That's an interesting question. I don't listen to audiobooks, but i'm sure there are members here that do and might be able to help with this.
Alvin Fox   02-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I know there are audio books of Jack titles. A friend of mine has a few of them. A quick check on Amazon shows that most don't have audio versions. But I think that that is inaccurate. In fact I'm kind of surprised that they all don't have an Audible audio version. Audible seems to be coming with their own separate downloadable audio versions of many books.
madh0us3   03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Audio books are great for long commutes. I never listened to any RJ or Adversary though.
Medusa   03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Question about audio books. I've only listened (or tried to) one time. It was read by a man but he did falsetto for the women's voices. Is that normal?

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Alaric88   03-28-2012, 08:06 PM
I have the Keep .mp3 file I believe. The guys voice is a little unenthusiastic though. I would like others if anyone has them. I always check at used bookstores in the audio sections for Wilson, Cornwell, or Follet but haven't seen any yet

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQltDXcqCC7fLZ2MUtvyJp...d2d6EFKIjG][Image: rWZjS.gif]
Scott Miller   03-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Medusa Wrote:Question about audio books. I've only listened (or tried to) one time. It was read by a man but he did falsetto for the women's voices. Is that normal?

I don't think falsetto(sounds horrible) is all that common although voice inflection is to denote different characters. I read aloud to my wife and I primarily have a male and female voice and I will throw in an accent but essentially all men sound alike and so do all my women(and I'm afraid they don't sound all that female).

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Alvin Fox   05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
A month and a half and I think I'll answer.

I've been listening to many audiobooks since around October. There are a few different kinds. The most terrible kind are the straight readings. Someone is just reading, not doing different voices, or very slightly different voices. These people tend to have no inflection. There have been times where I can make out a good joke but the reader makes no acknowledgement of having read a joke. The most common audiobooks are men doing voices and accents. They talk lighter/higher/softer for women and I'm okay with that having grown up with Monty Python and Kids in the Hall. I haven't heard any ridiculous falsettos (I think of [video=youtube;WbeuOT2Ksz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeuOT2Ksz8[/video]) but I also think that hearing women doing men's voices is terrible. The woman that read the Hunger Games trilogy sounds like she lowered her voice and held her breath to do a man's voice. The best single person audiobook I've heard is Jim Dale reading the Harry Potter series. He has a unique and distinct voice for every character through all seven books.

Now we get into multicast recordings. Some are just two people reading a book. Usually if a book goes back and forth from first and third person perspectives, or just two different perspectives that eventually meet up and then they "talk to each other" when they meet. It can get to more than two people though. Hyperion had a different actor for each pilgrim. Each actor would read their pilgrims story. And then there's Graphic Audio's recordings. Holy crap. Their tagline is "A movie in your mind". Every character is cast by a different actor, all of the "s/he said"s are removed. Some of the other lines are removed as well. That's because there are full sound effects. Rain, footsteps, fire crackling, swordfights ranging from one-on-one to battles involving hundreds of people. There's original music as well. It's just- wow. I've been listening to Simon R. Green's Deathstalker and Forest Kingdom books. Nothing compares to those.
Medusa   05-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks! Yes I can see if you change the tone of your voice for a man/woman and different characters but a total falsetto sounds horrible. That was my first (and probably my last) audio book.
Alvin Fox Wrote:A month and a half and I think I'll answer.

I've been listening to many audiobooks since around October. There are a few different kinds. The most terrible kind are the straight readings. Someone is just reading, not doing different voices, or very slightly different voices. These people tend to have no inflection. There have been times where I can make out a good joke but the reader makes no acknowledgement of having read a joke. The most common audiobooks are men doing voices and accents. They talk lighter/higher/softer for women and I'm okay with that having grown up with Monty Python and Kids in the Hall. I haven't heard any ridiculous falsettos (I think of [video=youtube;WbeuOT2Ksz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbeuOT2Ksz8[/video]) but I also think that hearing women doing men's voices is terrible. The woman that read the Hunger Games trilogy sounds like she lowered her voice and held her breath to do a man's voice. The best single person audiobook I've heard is Jim Dale reading the Harry Potter series. He has a unique and distinct voice for every character through all seven books.

Now we get into multicast recordings. Some are just two people reading a book. Usually if a book goes back and forth from first and third person perspectives, or just two different perspectives that eventually meet up and then they "talk to each other" when they meet. It can get to more than two people though. Hyperion had a different actor for each pilgrim. Each actor would read their pilgrims story. And then there's Graphic Audio's recordings. Holy crap. Their tagline is "A movie in your mind". Every character is cast by a different actor, all of the "s/he said"s are removed. Some of the other lines are removed as well. That's because there are full sound effects. Rain, footsteps, fire crackling, swordfights ranging from one-on-one to battles involving hundreds of people. There's original music as well. It's just- wow. I've been listening to Simon R. Green's Deathstalker and Forest Kingdom books. Nothing compares to those.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!