Kenji   10-21-2011, 12:13 PM
This evening I saw Captain America.

Action sequences were pretty good, but the story was predictable. I already knew he'll never die, because he will return to "The Avengers" ! I really can't wait!
Tony H   10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Kenji Wrote:This evening I saw Captain America.

Action sequences were pretty good, but the story was predictable. I already knew he'll never die, because he will return to "The Avengers" ! I really can't wait!

We get "The Avengers" in May. Captain America was okay, the commercials say it is "The Best Superhero Movie Ever" which I disagree with. Right now "The Dark Knight" holds that honor in my opinion.

I am looking forward to "The Avengers", "The Amazing Spider-Man", and of course in 2013 I look forward to "Superman".

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Scott Miller   10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I have lost interest in the superhero movies-I think the last one I watched was Iron Man II and was bored with it despite all the glitzy effects. If they are going to continue to make films from graphic material I wish they would consider stuff from lines like Vertigo or Top Shelf.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
GeraldRice   10-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm just sick of Superman movies with Lex Luthor as the bad guy. With such a huge shelf o' villainy, why can't we get a Brainiac or a Conduit. Hell, Conduit plays into Supes' back story. Well, it did before they started Big Blue all over again.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
The_Texan   10-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Kenji Wrote:This evening I saw Captain America.

I saw it and loved it, and it's also running 77-78% at Rotten Tomatoes. While it wasn't perfect, I felt it had the right amount of action and humor and character development, and it benefited from some very fine acting. Stanley Tucci and Tommy Lee Jones really shined, and I was won over by Chris Evans early in the movie as well (despite having my doubts at first).

As an old comic book fan -- and with Captain America as my favorite character -- I am a purist and I was just sure they were gonna mess up the character somehow. But they didn't. They were spot-on with the personality and the heart of the character, and I don't think anybody can come away from that movie not liking Steve Rogers. If you haven't seen it, by all means please do so. DVD & Blu Ray come out on October 25 in the U.S.

-Tex
mad4tunes   10-22-2011, 09:53 AM
I'll have to watch it, but I've been dismayed by most of the recent superhero movies.

The only three I've watched in the past ten years that I truly enjoyed were "The Dark Knight", "Iron Man I", and "Spiderman II".

Unless you count "The Incredibles" as a superhero movie. I loved it, too.

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
Kenji   10-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:I have lost interest in the superhero movies-I think the last one I watched was Iron Man II and was bored with it despite all the glitzy effects. If they are going to continue to make films from graphic material I wish they would consider stuff from lines like Vertigo or Top Shelf.

Did you see "X-Men; First Class"? I think that was the best superhero movie in this year, so far. Also I liked "Thor".
The_Texan   11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I really need to see X-Men:First Class. I heard it was excellent, and I'm tempted to believe it.

As for Thor .. I liked it, but really felt something was missing. The character was fine, acting was decent though not special in any way, and the action was just okay, in my opinion. I think we all really wanted to see Thor, the god of Thunder, in his full glory against The Destroyer. Or against somebody. But it didn't really happen the way I thought it was leading up to.

I guess they're saving that for The Avengers next May. I'll probably be the first in line for that (better bring my sleeping bag, I guess ..).