RepairmanJack.com Forums
Captain America - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Captain America (/thread-4486.html)

Captain America - Kenji - 10-21-2011

This evening I saw Captain America.

Action sequences were pretty good, but the story was predictable. I already knew he'll never die, because he will return to "The Avengers" ! I really can't wait!

Captain America - Tony H - 10-21-2011

Kenji Wrote:This evening I saw Captain America.

Action sequences were pretty good, but the story was predictable. I already knew he'll never die, because he will return to "The Avengers" ! I really can't wait!

We get "The Avengers" in May. Captain America was okay, the commercials say it is "The Best Superhero Movie Ever" which I disagree with. Right now "The Dark Knight" holds that honor in my opinion.

I am looking forward to "The Avengers", "The Amazing Spider-Man", and of course in 2013 I look forward to "Superman".

Captain America - Scott Miller - 10-21-2011

I have lost interest in the superhero movies-I think the last one I watched was Iron Man II and was bored with it despite all the glitzy effects. If they are going to continue to make films from graphic material I wish they would consider stuff from lines like Vertigo or Top Shelf.

Captain America - GeraldRice - 10-21-2011

I'm just sick of Superman movies with Lex Luthor as the bad guy. With such a huge shelf o' villainy, why can't we get a Brainiac or a Conduit. Hell, Conduit plays into Supes' back story. Well, it did before they started Big Blue all over again.

Captain America - The_Texan - 10-22-2011

Kenji Wrote:This evening I saw Captain America.

I saw it and loved it, and it's also running 77-78% at Rotten Tomatoes. While it wasn't perfect, I felt it had the right amount of action and humor and character development, and it benefited from some very fine acting. Stanley Tucci and Tommy Lee Jones really shined, and I was won over by Chris Evans early in the movie as well (despite having my doubts at first).

As an old comic book fan -- and with Captain America as my favorite character -- I am a purist and I was just sure they were gonna mess up the character somehow. But they didn't. They were spot-on with the personality and the heart of the character, and I don't think anybody can come away from that movie not liking Steve Rogers. If you haven't seen it, by all means please do so. DVD & Blu Ray come out on October 25 in the U.S.

-Tex

Captain America - mad4tunes - 10-22-2011

I'll have to watch it, but I've been dismayed by most of the recent superhero movies.

The only three I've watched in the past ten years that I truly enjoyed were "The Dark Knight", "Iron Man I", and "Spiderman II".

Unless you count "The Incredibles" as a superhero movie. I loved it, too.

Captain America - Kenji - 10-22-2011

Scott Miller Wrote:I have lost interest in the superhero movies-I think the last one I watched was Iron Man II and was bored with it despite all the glitzy effects. If they are going to continue to make films from graphic material I wish they would consider stuff from lines like Vertigo or Top Shelf.

Did you see "X-Men; First Class"? I think that was the best superhero movie in this year, so far. Also I liked "Thor".

Captain America - The_Texan - 11-02-2011

I really need to see X-Men:First Class. I heard it was excellent, and I'm tempted to believe it.

As for Thor .. I liked it, but really felt something was missing. The character was fine, acting was decent though not special in any way, and the action was just okay, in my opinion. I think we all really wanted to see Thor, the god of Thunder, in his full glory against The Destroyer. Or against somebody. But it didn't really happen the way I thought it was leading up to.

I guess they're saving that for The Avengers next May. I'll probably be the first in line for that (better bring my sleeping bag, I guess ..).