mores   10-01-2011, 04:31 PM
wth is this?

[Image: fpw-preorder.jpg]

Usually, ebook prices like to be up there with hardcover prices ... which is idiotic (I think) but we just have to take it. But this here is very weird.
Sorry for not preordering, but I feel like amazon is trying to rip me off.

Soon as those two prices match (which will still be idiotic, but this is the final RJ we're talking about, here!) I'll press the button!
Marc   10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
I just looked at Amazon and it now lists the Kindle edition at $12.99 and the hardcover at $15.54.
mores   10-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Thanks for checking - I just followed your link and it's still $20.68 for me Sad
Must be an international price, then!

Guess I'll be pressing that "refresh" button for a while Smile
fpw   10-02-2011, 03:37 PM
International? Where are you? Tor has only limited territories where it can sell the book.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
mores   10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I live in Vienna, Austria, and my credit card is an austrian card. So I'm assuming that to be the issue with the difference in the price. Amazon tells me it'll be delivered to my iphone when it's released, not the usual "not available in your country" message if I'm not allowed to buy it.

PS: this even happens when I'm not logged in as myself, using a different browser that has never been used for amazon and won't accept cookies, temp files etc. (my "test"-browser)
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
For the love of Christ, books cost what they cost.
Hey, they gotta pay us booksellers =something=...

But to save you precious schillings, mores, I'll tell you what happens.

PAUL! PLEASE PUT THAT PISTOL DOWN! AIN'T FUNNY, MAN. NOBODY LAUGHING. DO ME A SOLID, MAN... PUT IT DOWN.
mores   10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
You're not getting it, Mike.

I like to support companies, people and organizations any way I can.
but
I will not be suckered by a global company just because they think they can.

I'll send those 20 bucks to Mr. Wilson's account in no time, but I won't help Amazon keep the kindle price unnaturally high just "because I gotta bay them booksellers =something=".
And yeah, it's still 20 bucks for me.

But I'm patient.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Mercy!

Kindle and Amazon ain't got nothing to do with B&N!

They're a monstrous crew void of the hope of Heaven, I've heard it said.