Karithna   09-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Finally on Netflix. Anyone else see it? I thought it was pretty good, but the trolls looked funny.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
cobalt   09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll have to check it out. Smile

EWMAN
Sigokat   09-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I saw a preview for it and for a B looking movie it looked pretty entertaining, which is about all you can ask for with a movie called Trollhunter Smile

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Terry Willacker   10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I saw trollhunter last may at a 24 hour scifi marathon. It was the last movie shown (hours 23-24 of the thon) and it still held my interst...suspenseful.
Sigokat   10-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Watched Trollhunter last night. I did not realize when I got it in Netflix that it was a documentary style film (think Blair Witch) and that it was filmed in Norway and subtitled.

Overall though it was quite entertaining. I really enjoyed it and it was another thing that solidified the decision for me to try and get back to Europe for my next duty station, I need to go see Norway...man the scenary was amazing!

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
GeraldRice   10-20-2011, 02:17 PM
I saw it last week and loved it. I wish I could have gotten my wife to watch it with me, but she hates subtitles. I think the last one I got her to see was either Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or that Korean one about the girl who got the eye transplant.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Medusa   10-25-2011, 12:51 AM
SigoKitty Wrote:Watched Trollhunter last night. I did not realize when I got it in Netflix that it was a documentary style film (think Blair Witch) and that it was filmed in Norway and subtitled.

Overall though it was quite entertaining. I really enjoyed it and it was another thing that solidified the decision for me to try and get back to Europe for my next duty station, I need to go see Norway...man the scenary was amazing!
When you say "documentary style" you mean the first person like Blair Witch, right? If it is I have to take a Dramamine to watch it. (That's embarrassing to admit - ha ha)

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Sigokat   10-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Medusa Wrote:When you say "documentary style" you mean the first person like Blair Witch, right? If it is I have to take a Dramamine to watch it. (That's embarrassing to admit - ha ha)

Yes that's what I meant. I've never seen Blair Witch, but if you have seen Cloverfield the camera shakiness in Trollhunter isn't nearly as bad as it was in Cloverfield.

Major K

GeraldRice   10-26-2011, 05:34 PM
SigoKitty Wrote:Yes that's what I meant. I've never seen Blair Witch, but if you have seen Cloverfield the camera shakiness in Trollhunter isn't nearly as bad as it was in Cloverfield.

Agreed. Some of the trolls are very huge and there are long shots, showing the trolls far off in the distance.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com