RepairmanJack.com Forums
Trollhunter - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Trollhunter (/thread-4463.html)

Trollhunter - Karithna - 09-29-2011

Finally on Netflix. Anyone else see it? I thought it was pretty good, but the trolls looked funny.

Trollhunter - cobalt - 09-29-2011

I'll have to check it out. Smile

Trollhunter - Sigokat - 09-29-2011

I saw a preview for it and for a B looking movie it looked pretty entertaining, which is about all you can ask for with a movie called Trollhunter Smile

Trollhunter - Terry Willacker - 10-04-2011

I saw trollhunter last may at a 24 hour scifi marathon. It was the last movie shown (hours 23-24 of the thon) and it still held my interst...suspenseful.

Trollhunter - Sigokat - 10-14-2011

Watched Trollhunter last night. I did not realize when I got it in Netflix that it was a documentary style film (think Blair Witch) and that it was filmed in Norway and subtitled.

Overall though it was quite entertaining. I really enjoyed it and it was another thing that solidified the decision for me to try and get back to Europe for my next duty station, I need to go see Norway...man the scenary was amazing!

Trollhunter - GeraldRice - 10-20-2011

I saw it last week and loved it. I wish I could have gotten my wife to watch it with me, but she hates subtitles. I think the last one I got her to see was either Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or that Korean one about the girl who got the eye transplant.

Trollhunter - Medusa - 10-25-2011

SigoKitty Wrote:Watched Trollhunter last night. I did not realize when I got it in Netflix that it was a documentary style film (think Blair Witch) and that it was filmed in Norway and subtitled.

Overall though it was quite entertaining. I really enjoyed it and it was another thing that solidified the decision for me to try and get back to Europe for my next duty station, I need to go see Norway...man the scenary was amazing!
When you say "documentary style" you mean the first person like Blair Witch, right? If it is I have to take a Dramamine to watch it. (That's embarrassing to admit - ha ha)

Trollhunter - Sigokat - 10-25-2011

Medusa Wrote:When you say "documentary style" you mean the first person like Blair Witch, right? If it is I have to take a Dramamine to watch it. (That's embarrassing to admit - ha ha)

Yes that's what I meant. I've never seen Blair Witch, but if you have seen Cloverfield the camera shakiness in Trollhunter isn't nearly as bad as it was in Cloverfield.

Trollhunter - GeraldRice - 10-26-2011

SigoKitty Wrote:Yes that's what I meant. I've never seen Blair Witch, but if you have seen Cloverfield the camera shakiness in Trollhunter isn't nearly as bad as it was in Cloverfield.

Agreed. Some of the trolls are very huge and there are long shots, showing the trolls far off in the distance.