Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Scott Miller   08-28-2011, 06:09 PM
The leaves are turning, the temperatures cooling and the jaws are dropping with all the highlight reel material that is football season. My preseason picks to square off in the Superbowl are The Patriots(I see Brady having a spectacular season) hoisting The Lombardi Trophy over The Packers. Me, I'm a Viking fan and I'm thinking the playoffs are a distinct possibility but not a real threat to win it all. My surprise teams are the Dolphins in the AFC and The Lions in the NFC.

In college I like all the teams predicted to do well except Bama-I think they'll struggle, at least by their standards. I'm a Notre Dame fan and am expecting a 7 or 8 win season out of them at best, but could see a .500 team just as easily.

I play in a couple of different fantasy football leagues and would gladly invite anyone to participate. PM me if you are at all interested.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
KRW   08-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:The leaves are turning, the temperatures cooling and the jaws are dropping with all the highlight reel material that is football season. My preseason picks to square off in the Superbowl are The Patriots(I see Brady having a spectacular season) hoisting The Lombardi Trophy over The Packers. Me, I'm a Viking fan and I'm thinking the playoffs are a distinct possibility but not a real threat to win it all. My surprise teams are the Dolphins in the AFC and The Lions in the NFC.

In college I like all the teams predicted to do well except Bama-I think they'll struggle, at least by their standards. I'm a Notre Dame fan and am expecting a 7 or 8 win season out of them at best, but could see a .500 team just as easily.

I play in a couple of different fantasy football leagues and would gladly invite anyone to participate. PM me if you are at all interested.

Strangely lacking from your predictions are the Cowboys. :clap2:
nonquixote   08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Scott Miller Wrote:Me, I'm a Viking fan...

I'm a Notre Dame fan...

Well... 50% correct isn't too bad. :p

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.
Scott Miller   08-29-2011, 11:54 AM
nonquixote Wrote:Well... 50% correct isn't too bad. :p

Which half did I get right? I am loyal to a fault; I became a Viking fan before I even knew what football was because I rooted for the purple team(it didn't hurt that it was during their heyday during the 70's). As for ND, I more or less chose them to spite my parents who both graduated from Michigan.

Scott

Scott Miller   08-29-2011, 11:56 AM
KRW Wrote:Strangely lacking from your predictions are the Cowboys. :clap2:

I predict the Cowboys will suck. I HATE the Cowpunks and always wish them the worst.

Scott

LolaRennt   08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
What? No, we have Red Jesus as the coach, so of course we will have a Super Bowl season. At least that's what the stupid media around here would have you believe. Never mind that Romo is wildly inconsistent in his quality as a QB, especially when the pressure is on. Never mind that no one has been able to get the team to play consistently well for an entire season. It seems like the defense and offense take turns at sucking. If the offense is having a great day, then you can count on the defense to get on the field and give points away. If the defense is actually stopping the other team, than the offense is fumbling around and can't seem to make any good plays.

Will the local media worship and fan worship of Red Jesus and Romo stop?

Why do I always do this to myself???
Scott Miller   08-29-2011, 03:29 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:What? No, we have Red Jesus as the coach, so of course we will have a Super Bowl season. At least that's what the stupid media around here would have you believe. Never mind that Romo is wildly inconsistent in his quality as a QB, especially when the pressure is on. Never mind that no one has been able to get the team to play consistently well for an entire season. It seems like the defense and offense take turns at sucking. If the offense is having a great day, then you can count on the defense to get on the field and give points away. If the defense is actually stopping the other team, than the offense is fumbling around and can't seem to make any good plays.

Will the local media worship and fan worship of Red Jesus and Romo stop?

I hope the Jones' circus is there to stay.

Scott

LolaRennt   08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
The Jones' circus is ridiculous.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Scott Miller   08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
LolaRennt Wrote:The Jones' circus is ridiculous.

Exactly.

Scott

nonquixote   08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:Which half did I get right? I am loyal to a fault; I became a Viking fan before I even knew what football was because I rooted for the purple team(it didn't hurt that it was during their heyday during the 70's). As for ND, I more or less chose them to spite my parents who both graduated from Michigan.

The Viking half was correct. Wink I respect your reason for rooting for Notre Dame, but I have a policy of rooting against teams in all sports that seem to have competitive advantages handed to them. Teams such as the Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, and, yes, Notre Dame football.

The Bold Type giveth, the Fine Print taketh away.
Pages (3): 1 2 3