Pages (2): 1 2   
mmyett   08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Hello All,

According to publishing dates the order to read this series would be The Keep, The Tomb, The Touch, Reborn, Reprisal and Nightworld however, according to the Repairman Jack website itself the order would be The Keep, Reborn, The Tomb, The Touch, Reprisal and Nightworld, which one is correct?

I am just getting into reading these books and this is probably a stupid question for all you long time fans but seeing the different orders from various sources is a little confusing. I can't wait to get started on the next book I just want to make sure it's the correct one. Thank you in advance for your help.

:confused:mmyett
mmyett   08-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Sorry. Just discovered the FAQ and found my answer.
Lisa   08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the website! Smile In truth, the order isn't super strict, as long as Reborn, Reprisal, and Nightworld are read in that order. The Keep, The Touch, and The Tomb are standalone novels.
cobalt   08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the board, mmyet. You have some great reading ahead of you. If you found the FAQ page...you're in the right spot. Don't forget to add the Jack/RJ books after The Tomb but before Nightworld. You won't be sorry you read them.

EWMAN
Marc   08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
What Lisa said. But basically, it depends on if you want to read in the order they were published, or the chronological order of events in the series.

:welcome:
mmyett   08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I keep seeing different opinions about this, but mostly they support either one or the other of the two scenarios I listed originally, both of which seem to be okay.

F. Paul Wilson is is a fantastic author, I have no idea how I missed reading his books all these years but am certainly glad I ran across them.
Damin J. Toell   08-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Lisa Wrote:Welcome to the website! Smile In truth, the order isn't super strict, as long as Reborn, Reprisal, and Nightworld are read in that order. The Keep, The Touch, and The Tomb are standalone novels.

I would add that REBORN makes a whole lot more sense if you read THE KEEP beforehand. And make sure that you read everything else before NIGHTWORLD.
swandy   08-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I read the entire cycle when they were first published (yeah years ago) and wanted to re-read them all before the revised Nightworld is released next year, so I asked the same question.
I believe - don't remember how to find my original thread - that one of the answers I received was from Mr. Wilson himself. He said that the first three (The Keep, The Tomb and The Touch) were as was pointed out "stand alone" novels and could be read in any order. He did suggest reading all three before reading the last three (Reborn, Repraisal and Nightworld) and that the final three must be read in order. So that is what I am doing - up to The Touch.

And as others have pointed out - you MUST read all the RJ books also!!!
mmyett   08-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I am a little more than half way through "The Tomb" and if the rest of the RMJ books are anywhere near as good they are on the list.
mmyett   08-13-2011, 10:53 PM
A revised edition of "Nightworld"? That poses another question, should I be prepared to read both or just wait and read the latest revised edition?
Pages (2): 1 2