The Mad American   07-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Anyone else seen this series yet? I am actually really liking it. I am usually not a fan of lawyer shows but the characters, dialogue and actors on this show have me coming back for more.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

rjack_fan   07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I watch Suits! It is better than the commercials made it look. The character dynamics a great, and the plots are realistic, at least to the lay person. I'm sure it has it's share of lawyers out there shouting at the tv, but it can't be easy to make legal issue accessible to the general public like that. I never feel too lost, and I love how they have that good and evil lawyer thing going on.

We actually watch a lot of shows on USA. Monk before it ended, Burn Notice, Psych, Royal Pains, and Covert Affairs. They are putting out better shows than the networks are lately.
The Mad American   07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:I watch Suits! It is better than the commercials made it look. The character dynamics a great, and the plots are realistic, at least to the lay person. I'm sure it has it's share of lawyers out there shouting at the tv, but it can't be easy to make legal issue accessible to the general public like that. I never feel too lost, and I love how they have that good and evil lawyer thing going on.

We actually watch a lot of shows on USA. Monk before it ended, Burn Notice, Psych, Royal Pains, and Covert Affairs. They are putting out better shows than the networks are lately.

Yeah we watch Burn Notice as well (cheesy as all get out but really enjoyable) and now Suits. I was surprised by Suits. Not usually my type of show but you nailed it with the character dynamics. And I guess I like the idea of super smart screw up getting a chance like that and making good at it.

I will have to give Covert Affairs a shot. Never watched it before.

And yes! The cable channels seem to be putting out much better series and content than any of the Networks. Completely agree with that. There are a few from the networks but mostly the cable series are the one I watch.

~ Red Buttons

rjack_fan   07-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah, seeing someone who has the ability get a chance is pretty nice!

Covert affairs is in season 2 now, but I think USA may have some episodes online. PM me if you need any background. It's not my favorite one, but it is better than the alternatives and I like watching creative problem solving. Plus the guy that plays Auggie goes a terrific job pretending to be blind.

I highly recommend Psych. It's more light entertainment, part psychic detective, part Lavern and Shirley with male leads, part Scooby Doo, and tons of 80’s references. At least that's my take. Fun to watch and relaxing.
Libby   07-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Suits is a really good show. Jennifer is played by an actress from Firefly, which is cool... I really like the show White collar as well, which is also on USA.

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
rjack_fan   09-10-2011, 11:33 PM
So sad Suits is over for the season. But Psych is returning soon!
The Mad American   09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
rjack_fan Wrote:So sad Suits is over for the season. But Psych is returning soon!

I actually grew to like Suits more and more as the season went on. Great series. Can't believe we have to wait a full year for next season though.

~ Red Buttons

rjack_fan   09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm just glad it got renewed. But what a cliffhanger they left us with!
Scott Hajek   09-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Suits is a fun show. It's a long time til next summer.

Regarding PSYCH... it's one of my favorite shows of all time. And, how a blatant rip-off like The Mentalist gets all the praise? I just don't understand people.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]