rjack_fan   08-05-2011, 05:43 PM
So it seems like several members here have iPads. Aside from the usual apps (google, Facebook, twitter, Netflix, etc.) what gems have you found?

I love UPAD, it is one of the few apps I paid for. I think it was $2.99 or $4.99. You can take notes with your finger or a stylus, and the writing area is enlarged so you can write better. You can also download PDFs into the app (via iTunes synch) and type or write your own notes on them. I used it at a large conference in March and it was awesome! I could even send my notes as a PDF to my friend.

I also recently started using Zite at the recommendation of a friend. It is free. It makes a custom newspaper of things you are interested in based on keywords you select. As you browse the stories in each section (pulled from around the web) you tell Zite if you liked it or not, and it learns what you like to pull better stories as time goes on. So far I like it, but i've only had two days of teaching it what I like.

What apps have you found?
Marc   08-05-2011, 06:27 PM
I really like Zite. Another, similar app, is in Flipboard. If you're into astronomy a good one is APOD, which is a link to NASA's Astronomy Photo of the Day. Netflix is good if you have a Netflix account. Terra is a nice Safari replacement too.
rjack_fan   09-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I am now addicted to hidden object games (HOGs). Big fish games puts our a bunch of good ones. Definitely wait for them to go on sale though, sign up for the newsletter.
Medusa   09-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm so old school. I don't have any kind of PAD. Even my phone is so old that I can't do internet on it. My husband's phone can but we aren't paying for that. One day maybe we'll upgrade. My Kindle is probably the newest technology I have. lol

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!