Pages (3):    1 2 3   
GeraldRice   06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
And don't think I didn't notice they made all the BLACK people gay this season. So typical.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
cobalt   06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:And don't think I didn't notice they made all the BLACK people gay this season. So typical.

Meh...Tara is bi....that should keep the guys entertained.

I wanna know how the hell Bill becomes king. It didn't click at first when Bill went to Sookie's house and then when Eric showed up second. Bill told Eric to leave and he did....it didn't seem right. Now we know why.

EWMAN
Marc   06-27-2011, 12:36 PM
This show has been sinking since the second seasons terrible finale. I don't think I'll be watching this newest season unless I hear it's amazing.
The Mad American   06-27-2011, 12:41 PM
GeraldRice Wrote:And don't think I didn't notice they made all the BLACK people gay this season. So typical.

Wait a minute, are you telling me that all black vampires aren't gay? Phew, that is a relief.WinkBig Grin

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
I am like Medusa, I don't subscrube to HBO so I got the free weekend premier (I thought it was more so I could see the season finale of "Game of Thrones" rather than the premier of "True Blood" though) and having not followed this series before or read any of the books it didn't really do much for me.

Maybe if I had some background with the series it would have hooked me.

Are the books worth a read or are they the formulaic vampire stuff that is so common these days?

~ Red Buttons

cobalt   06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
The books are written from Sookie's perspective. I like them, their vamps are sexy and sometimes brutal in their kills. The Were stuff gets tedious at times.....but still is creepy.

EWMAN
Tony H   06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
The Mad American Wrote:I am like Medusa, I don't subscrube to HBO so I got the free weekend premier (I thought it was more so I could see the season finale of "Game of Thrones" rather than the premier of "True Blood" though) and having not followed this series before or read any of the books it didn't really do much for me.

Maybe if I had some background with the series it would have hooked me.

Are the books worth a read or are they the formulaic vampire stuff that is so common these days?

The books are rather simple, 1 straight-forward plot line that for the most part gets resolved by the end of the book. There are SOME ongoing themes, but the books are not nearly as layered as the show.

I think the books are more "chick lit" because it takes place from a woman's perspective, written by a woman and there is a lot of dreamy vampire sex. At least they don't sparkle.

Overall they aren't bad reads, I mean, I keep reading them so they have some value.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
The Mad American   06-27-2011, 01:08 PM
cobalt79 Wrote:The books are written from Sookie's perspective. I like them, their vamps are sexy and sometimes brutal in their kills. The Were stuff gets tedious at times.....but still is creepy.

AsMoral Wrote:The books are rather simple, 1 straight-forward plot line that for the most part gets resolved by the end of the book. There are SOME ongoing themes, but the books are not nearly as layered as the show.

I think the books are more "chick lit" because it takes place from a woman's perspective, written by a woman and there is a lot of dreamy vampire sex. At least they don't sparkle.

Overall they aren't bad reads, I mean, I keep reading them so they have some value.

Thanks you two. I have looked at the books because they are always right out front any time I visit the bookstore. My impression of them is pretty much what Tony called them "Chick lit". Not that that is necessarily a bad thing by itself. I don't know if I can do a sexy vampire series again. I blame Anne Rice. She burned me out on almost all vampire ficition unless it is done from an angle that is less about the whiny, poetry spewing, teen angst vampires and more about the brutal, killing/feeding machine vampire.

Maybe I will pick up one of these and at least give it a chance.

Thanks for the feedback.

~ Red Buttons

GeraldRice   06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
The Mad American Wrote:Wait a minute, are you telling me that all black vampires aren't gay? Phew, that is a relief.WinkBig Grin

What black vampires? They killed the only one on the show. Let me stop ranting before someone takes me seriously.

But I really do hate Lafayette's hair.

I can see what's being set up, least I think so. Lafayette is the really real deal. He's got power the others don't. He's got a bone to pick with the vamps and thanks to that head witch reaching out to Eddie and reanimating her bird they are going to figure a way to do something naughty to vampires.

And Tara's going to come back in town just in time to kick the crap out of Andy at a crucial moment. So predictable.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
LolaRennt   06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who didn't like Anne Rice's whiny vampires. I read one of the books and all I could think is "you're a freakin' vampire. Go kick some ass and enjoy the power!". Who gives a crap about mourning the loss of one's humanity.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Pages (3):    1 2 3