Pages (3):    1 2 3   
Libby   06-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I loved the first five books. The sixth and seventh weren't as good. (I got this feeling that JKR was tired of writing them and just wanted it all to be over). The fifth movie was, it my opinion, total crap, and I haven't seen the last two. The Harry Potter I watch now is fan-written and amazing! It is called a Very Potter Musical. There is now a sequel called a Very Potter Sequel, and they are both really good. They reminded me how much I loved the books for so long...

"Lord, what fools these mortals be"

"The opposite of war isn't peace; it's creation."

You'd think that Killing people would make them like you, but it doesn't! it just makes people dead.
Aprilis   06-22-2011, 02:12 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I haven't seen any of the movies beyond the third one. I did listen to all the books on audio books. Jim Dale who did the readings of the versions I have was brilliant on the audio versions.

Loved those.

I will at some point see the rest of the movies.

I listen to books at the gym ... and i hate it when the reader sucks ... for example whoever read By the Sword I didnt like ...

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
mad4tunes   06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I freely admit to being a Harry Potter fan. I've read all seven of the books, and have gone so far as to host a Harry Potter Halloween Party, where I dressed up as Mad-Eye Moody, and my sister dressed up as Professor Sprout.

I found these very cool knitting needles that have LEDs built into the tip that made excellent magic wands (mine was a bright crimson, and Sissy's was a cobalt blue). For Professor Sprout's plants, we bought a bunch of those "dancing flowers" that play music and are motion activated, and merely disconnected the speakers. You wave your wand, and the flowers start dancing.

That's also when I built my "flashy" staff, which my oldest grandson promptly stole, and built a bulkier magic wand that had an electromagnet built in.

I also attended the "opening night" for several of the Harry Potter books at Borders, and at a couple of the movies, dressed in costume.

Obviously, I can't attend the Deathly Hallows movie premier dressed as Mad-Eye (grin).

"You have the right to remain silent. If you choose to waive this right, I may have to kill you in self-defense because you're boring me to death."
The Mad American   06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Aprilis Wrote:I listen to books at the gym ... and i hate it when the reader sucks ... for example whoever read By the Sword I didnt like ...

I haven't heard the audio book of By the Sword. Will have to look into whoever did it.

If you haven't heard them before and like the Potter books I would strongly recommend the Jim Dale versions. Very good stuff.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Aprilis   06-23-2011, 02:05 AM
The Mad American Wrote:I haven't heard the audio book of By the Sword. Will have to look into whoever did it.

If you haven't heard them before and like the Potter books I would strongly recommend the Jim Dale versions. Very good stuff.

the reader makes all the difference ... and i need some more books for the gym ...

the problem with by the sword was this guy did a oriental accent and i couldnt understand anything he said .. i actually had to read the book myself Smile

a friend at work just listened to A confereracy of Dunces ... she said the guy that read it was great and he did all these cajun accents .. even though i've read it I've put it on my todo list ...

And I just listened to Christopher Moors's Fool .. I just cant imagine reading that book could be anywhere as good as listening to it ... he had an english accent but not too thick .. I highly recommend it Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Lisa   06-23-2011, 10:48 AM
I've read all the books, but have yet to see most of the movies. I've seen the first and third one all the way through, and then the others piecemeal as they came on TV while at people's houses. I haven't been super impressed by the movies, except for the fact that they did such a good job capturing the "look" of the books. They're okay, though.
Alvin Fox   06-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I finished watching The Half Blood Prince earlier. Deathly Hallows Part 1 is at hand. I really should've waited until Part 2 was at least in the theaters before starting this marathon.
Alvin Fox   06-25-2011, 08:35 AM
:cryin:

I'm glad I watched them though. Now only three more weeks until I can watch the last movie.
cobalt   06-25-2011, 11:04 AM
I can't wait for the last movie. Even though I've read all the books....I still am impressed on how the story has been set to film.

EWMAN
Alvin Fox   07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I see what you're doing.
Pages (3):    1 2 3