Pages (3): 1 2 3   
Alvin Fox   06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
So after telling a coworker that I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies she brought in the DVDs of the first seven movies for me to watch. I was unimpressed after watching the first one but continued on. The second was better although it was packed with a lot of stuff. I was really impressed with the third one, although there was still a lot going on in the movie. That's where I am now. If they keep getting better I may be going to the theater next month to see the last one.
Medusa   06-21-2011, 12:01 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:So after telling a coworker that I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies she brought in the DVDs of the first seven movies for me to watch. I was unimpressed after watching the first one but continued on. The second was better although it was packed with a lot of stuff. I was really impressed with the third one, although there was still a lot going on in the movie. That's where I am now. If they keep getting better I may be going to the theater next month to see the last one.

The movies do get better as they go but you really should read the books. Due to the limit of time for movies they had to cut a lot out of the movies.

Veronica
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/Medusa-Warthog/
The Snake Lady from Texas!
Aprilis   06-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Azkaban would have been soooo much better for you to read if you hadnt seen the movie ... I loved that book ... and the book is soo much better than the movie ...

I've only read up to Goblet ... and after azkaban i wont ever read the book before the movie again ...

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Peter   06-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Haven't seen any of the films but I read the first Harry Potter book and, for me, it was a very good childrens book but didn't quite make the jump to being a good book full stop.

Maybe I ought to give them another try, God knows they've been popular enough!

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
Alvin Fox   06-21-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't know if I'll ever get around to reading the books.

Just finished watching The Goblet of Fire and I'll be damned if these aren't getting better.
cobalt   06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
I loved the books and the movies are done well. You do lose the little things when the book is transitioned to movie....that's just the way it is unless you want a 6 hour film per book.

EWMAN
Dave   06-21-2011, 10:15 AM
AlvinFox Wrote:Just finished watching The Goblet of Fire and I'll be damned if these aren't getting better.
Agreed about how they get better. One is a kids film, two a better kids film, three is where it kicks off.

Order of the Phoenix (five) is my favourite so far.

Six goes for a bit more lighter tone, so is okay, but lacks a bit of bite.

Seven part 1 has some good parts, but is the first one where it felt like stuff was happening because of something in the book, not what has been seen on film before. It felt like the first part of a story.

So I'm hoping Seven part 2 finishes well, making part 1 make more sense.

I'm avoiding the books until after seeing all the films.
Marc   06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
I've never read the books except for the last one, and that was after seeing the sixth movie. The movies do get progressively better, but I did feel Hallows Part 1 was too long and relatively boring. I understand WB wants to milk this cash cow but it really should have been one film at two and a half hours vs two movies at 4 - 5 hours.
Sigokat   06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
read book 1 only

Enjoy all the movies. I haven't seen Deathly Hallows PT 1 yet, so will have to wait to see PT 2 later.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
The Mad American   06-21-2011, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen any of the movies beyond the third one. I did listen to all the books on audio books. Jim Dale who did the readings of the versions I have was brilliant on the audio versions.

Loved those.

I will at some point see the rest of the movies.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Pages (3): 1 2 3