Pages (2): 1 2   
fpw   06-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm looking for volunteers to proofread the .pdf of the QUICK FIXES trade paperback. I'll send the file to the first 3 to PM me with an email address. I'm looking for a quick turnaround, so if you can't get to it right away, please don't volunteer.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tony H   06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
I can help you out Paul. Is it the same text as the e-book version? I just realized we need to all have the same PDF so we can "be on the same page". LOL, even though I purchased and read the ebook version I will gladly read the PDF version.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Lysistrata   06-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Probably someone without immediate access to PDF software, posting from a public garden and above all not speaking terrifically well English won't be very helpful...

But should the need arise, I can proofread French parts Big Grin

Trying to be nice
The Mad American   06-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Sent a PM, but I am probably Johnny come lately.

Hope you get the help you need.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Tony H   06-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I didn't follow instructions. LOL I was on tapatalk and couldn't figure out how to private message. Oh well.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
fpw   06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks to all the volunteers. I sent out 4 copies. Please shoot the corrections to me ASAP.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Sev   06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Paul's request got me thinking:
Nearly every book I buy (non-fiction or fiction) has a few mistakes in it. You know, you're racing along a page and suddenly a "buy" appears where there should be a "but"! It's like hitting a speed bump on the page.

Typos happen to everyone, but there used to be people whose career was to catch them.

Are there still professional proofreaders? Have they been replaced with spelling and grammer checkers by publishers trying to save money?

I know little to nothing about the publishing world, but I am seriously curious:
Do any professionals still specialize in proofreading?

Sev :dontknow:
Aprilis   06-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Sev Wrote:Paul's request got me thinking:
Nearly every book I buy (non-fiction or fiction) has a few mistakes in it. You know, you're racing along a page and suddenly a "buy" appears where there should be a "but"! It's like hitting a speed bump on the page.

Typos happen to everyone, but there used to be people whose career was to catch them.

Are there still professional proofreaders? Have they been replaced with spelling and grammer checkers by publishers trying to save money?

I know little to nothing about the publishing world, but I am seriously curious:
Do any professionals still specialize in proofreading?

Sev :dontknow:

thats what my aunt does for a living .. and i heard she is a highly sought after editor ... she does technical manuals and she is fierce to play scrabble with ... its like like playing poker with a professional ...

Smile

The world is full of idiots ... It's up to you to not be one of them.
Anemone of the State   06-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Damn me for not checking this forum until right now...

I'll still be buying this as soon as the trade paperback (or hardcover) hits the market.

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."
Robert A. Heinlein
Pages (2): 1 2