Pages (3):    1 2 3
Peter   06-19-2011, 10:05 AM
The Mad American Wrote:LMAO!! That is so bad it is freaking funny. Yeah, Cruise could play the Reacher character....NOT.

It goes back to a running joke that a couple friends and I have. If Hollywood ever makes an Elric movie (Michael Moorcock's anti-hero, who is albino and sickly) they would get Will Smith to play Elric.

Oh that is so bad, so bad.

That brings back memories. I love the Elric/Eternal champion series but havent read any of them for years.

Would make great films but the make up job they would have to do on Will Smith...Big Grin

Just thought, FPW could do a tie in where Glaekan is the Eternal Champion on this earth.

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
fpw   06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Apparently it's true. And publicly, Lee Child is okay with it. Privately I'm sure he's cringing, but with Cruise attached, at least he can be sure the film will be made. If they had to cast a Scientologist, Travolta would have been better.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Tony H   06-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I just watched Knight and Day and I was amused by Cruise. I didn't hate him in that as much as I hated him in every other film he has been in. I thought he played crazy well, then I thought...Oh, he isn't playing.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   06-19-2011, 05:04 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I just watched Knight and Day and I was amused by Cruise. I didn't hate him in that as much as I hated him in every other film he has been in. I thought he played crazy well, then I thought...Oh, he isn't playing.

He is crazy...isn't he? And he certainly isn't Reacher.

What irks me though.....we get a Reacher movie and still, no RJ movie. *sigh*

EWMAN
Peter   06-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I assume that, as FPW intimated, you could have a sensible choice of actor or you could have a big draw actor and actually get the film made. Not that tricky a choice from the studio's point of view!

Well, I've never seen one do THAT before
Pages (3):    1 2 3