Pages (15):    1 4 5 6 7 8 15   
Tony H   06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Fenian1916 Wrote:I liked this

You also like eating lead paint chips so your appreciation of things is slightly off.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Sigokat   06-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Event Horizon is a great film.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
Alvin Fox   06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Event Horizon is one of the few movies I've upgraded to blu-ray.

I know it's an hour show and not a movie, but the Masters of Horror episode Jenifer was creepy. Be warned I like some terrible things. *cough* Killer Klowns From Outer Space. *cough*
Scott Miller   06-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Some great choices already including my two favorite movies of all time: The Thing and Jaws. I'll have to think of some not yet mentioned.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
The Mad American   06-16-2011, 02:22 PM
RootsReggae Wrote:Event Horizon

AsMoral Wrote:Indeed. Great film.

Fenian1916 Wrote:I liked this

sigokat Wrote:Event Horizon is a great film.

This makes me happy. Most people I have talked to knock this movie and I thought it was pretty damn good.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

The Mad American   06-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Lisa Wrote:In the Mouth of Madness is a great movie. I was under the impression that most people thought it sucked, LOL. Glad to see other people like it too.

Let the Right One In is very good as well! I haven't seen the American redo.

I am the same, I have seen and loved "Let the Right One In" but have not seen "Let Me In" yet. FPW commented on FB that he thought the remake was in some ways better and he speaks highly of the original.

I have "Let Me In" in my Netflix queue and can't wait to see it.
This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 02:29 PM by The Mad American.

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
AlvinFox Wrote:Event Horizon is one of the few movies I've upgraded to blu-ray.

I know it's an hour show and not a movie, but the Masters of Horror episode Jenifer was creepy. Be warned I like some terrible things. *cough* Killer Klowns From Outer Space. *cough*

Attack of the Killer Tomatoe Eating Klowns for Outerspace?Big Grin

I haven't seen the Masters of Horror episode Jenifer, do you remember who's work it was based on?

~ Red Buttons

The Mad American   06-16-2011, 02:29 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Burnt Offerings is a slow building film that is richly layered and doesn't go for quick cheap scares. It works well because it is subtle and creepy and the house isn't overtly haunted, no slamming doors or windows, no moving objects, I like the way it just feeds on negativity and manipulates the inhabitants, slowly driving them mad.

This is a "living house" movie, not a "haunted house". They never get into the why, it just is. I think the lack of explanation is off-putting for some. Is it ghosts of previous occupants? Is it the devil? Who knows.

All I know is I was terrified of the chauffeur, creepy Sardonicus smile.

I liked all that about the movie and I like when a movie plays more to the intelligent, storyline and character driven stuff rather than the cheap ass, gore/boo/scare factor stuff. I really thought Oliver Reed was good in this and Karen Black played her part very well.

I liked the lack of overly explaining everything as well and yes the chauffeur was a creepy looking buggger, reminded me of the kid collector from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" (not a horror movie but that guy was a creepy bugger as well).

But in saying I liked this movie, I need to let it percolate a bit before I can say I loved it.

~ Red Buttons

Fenian1916   06-16-2011, 02:44 PM
AsMoral Wrote:You also like eating lead paint chips so your appreciation of things is slightly off.

I thought you people were supposed to be jolly

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
GeraldRice   06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Are you guys jacking me? Now that I think about it I may never have seen Ex3. It's really good?

I loved Exorcist 3. Saw it in the theater. I saw part 2 on video sometime later and I was waiting for something. I think that movie got made so they could showcase how hot Regan turned out.

They passed an old woman who was just opening the door of a brown Cadillac. An old man was already sitting in the passenger seat. The car had a personalized plate with the letters “J-U-S-P-R-A-Y”.
“That stuff work?” Israel said to her.
“‘Scuse me?” the little old woman said, clutching her keys.
“The spray. Does it keep them away?”
“Keep who away?” She looked confused.
“I gotcha.” Israel gave her a conspiratorial wink.

www.feelmyghost.webs.com
Pages (15):    1 4 5 6 7 8 15